chapter II ༄

I'm jealous, I'm overzealous.

| Issues - Julia Michaels

 "Tom! Tom! Wake up!" Tom slightly opened his eyes and blinked a few times until his vision became clear

Tom slightly opened his eyes and blinked a few times until his vision became clear.
"What's so important that you had to wake me up?" his voice was still cracky from the tiredness.
Asher didn't dare to look at him, especially after waking him up. He just stared at the floor, as if he was ashamed for doing such a thing to him.
"Breakfast has already started. I figured it would have been very impolite if we left without you."
Tom got out of bed and went to his closet. He took out a white T-Shirt and a pair of black jeans. "Wait for me at the entrance." he demanded.
Asher nodded, then left the dormitory.

After Tom changed in the clothes he picked out, he put on his robe which was decorated with the green stripes and the Slytherin logo. He left the common room, and made his way to the hall with Asher and Lestrange.

The three of them sat down at the Slytherin table.
Sirius noticed Asher's blue eyes looking at the Hufflepuff table on a specific person.
"What are you looking at?" he asked his fellow friend.
"Huh? Ah, it doesn't matter, really." the blonde boy replied, still looking in the same direction.
"Oooh, I get it now." you didn't have to look at Lestrange, it was clear that he was smiling. "Who's the girl?"
"Shut it! She'll probably hear you."
"What are you talking about, I wasn't even talking that loud." Lestrange rolled his eyes. "Hey, Tom! Guess what, Asher has feelings."

But it seemed like the boy was talking to himself, because when he turned to Tom, he was also looking in another direction, completely in another world of his. Lestrange turned to where he was looking, and gasped. "It's the Ravenclaw girl, isn't it?"
"No. Not her." Tom got up, and started walking towards the Ravenclaw table. He stopped behind two girls.

"Khm." he coughed, to get their attention.
One of the girls turned around. It looked like she recognized Tom.
"Tobias, is it?" Pandora tilted her head in confusion.
"That's Tom, you idiot!" said Aaliyah giggling.
"Right. Tom. What brings you here?"
"I was wondering if you have talked to Julia."
"Yeah, we visited her this morning before coming here. She's better, if that's what you're wondering."
Tom nodded in response.
"That's all you wanted to know?"
"I take it you think that I might want to know more about her. If that is the case, I want to assure you, I really don't care. Asking if she's alright does not mean anything less or more."
"Uhh, alright, Mr.Bummer. That's not what I meant, but take it as you wish." Pandora said raising both her hands in defense.

Tom went back to the Slytherin table and the girls continued their conversation. It seemed like not only Julia, but her friends are sassy too. Meanwhile the other students are frightened of him, these girls have the courage to actually talk to him.

"What was that all about?" Lestrange asked as Tom sat down beside him. The boy shrugged. "Just Julia's friends."
"Who's Julia?" Asher entered the discussion.
"The Ravenclaw girl." Tom answered. "So Asher, I hear you have a specific interest."