chapter X ༄

Let me kiss you hard in pouring rain.

         | Born to Die - Lana del Rey

He kissed her once again, this time rather more gently

He kissed her once again, this time rather more gently. She sighed out of desperation.

"Why so mad, love?" Tom asked, caressing her cheek.
That nickname made her cheeks redden, as she shyly looked down.

"You stopped." she mumbled, still not looking at him.

"I had to. I don't want my hormones to take control, by any means. And the last thing I want to do is hurt you."

Their moment was interrupted by laughter at the other end of the hallway.

"We should head back." Julia said, looking at the direction the sound was heard.

"How about I show you something?"

"Something? I don't know, Riddle, that sounds a little sketchy."

"A place. I go there when I feel like relaxing."

"Are you talking about the Room of Requirement? We've been there before."

Tom raised and eyebrow. "You know the name of that room?"

"I might have looked into it." she smirked.

"A curious one, I see." he held her hand. "But no. I'm not talking about the Room of Requirement."

"Then what are you talking about?"

"You're a curious one, Miss.Wallis. Wouldn't you want to find out?"

"Oh, just take me there already." she chuckled.

"Impatient much?" he teased, running down the hallway with her.

As they were arriving to the Astronomy Tower's stairs, Tom and Julia suddenly bumped into someone at a corner.

"Oh, my apolog-.... Pandora?" Julia's eyes widened.

"Sirius?" Tom looked at his follower, who was holding the girl's hand.

"M-my Lord! I was going to tell you, I swear!" Sirius tried finding his words.

"There's no need to worry, Sirius. I am not mad, rather... surprised."

There was a moment of silence, which was broken seconds later by Pandora.
"Where are you guys going?" her voice was full of suspicion, not taking her eyes off of Tom.

"I was going to show Miss.Wallis a place." Tom answered before Julia could say anything. "But I certainly don't think it's any of your business, Miss.Lovegood."

"I think we should get going now, Pandora." Sirius put his hand on the girl's shoulder.

"Yeah, I think so too. Have fun, by the way." as she walked past them, she grabbed Tom's arm, and whispered in his ear, with a threatening tone. "Don't to anything stupid, Tom Riddle."

Sirius and Pandora left the two of them, who were now walking up the stairs to the Astronomy Tower.
As they arrived upstairs, they both leaned against the fence, watching the view.

"That's what your friends call you? My Lord?" Julia asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"They aren't my-" Tom wanted to clap back, but he regretted it as soon as he opened his mouth. "They aren't my friends."

"Then what are they? Acquaintances? Or maybe... followers?"

"I didn't bring you here to fight with me. Please, leave it." he said, his voice deepening.

There was a moment of silence, as both of them were admiring the view that was covered in the night's dark hue.

"You might have a point. This place does wake relaxation inside one's mind." Julia said, sighing out of relief, as if she let go of all her worries.

"I figured I might show you how it feels to be here. If you will ever feel like you want to scream at the top of your lungs, just come here. Trust me, it will help." Tom said, now looking at Julia. "Can I ask you something?"

Julia directed her gaze at the boy, slightly tilting her head. "Sure."

Tom sighed before opening his mouth, most likely hesitating wether he should ask her that particular question. "You never talked to me about your parents. I apologize, if this subject is triggering."

Julia looked back at the view in front of her, her lips slowly parting from each other. "It's okay. I feel it is time you should know get to know more about them." she took a deep breath before continuing. "My father was a muggle, he died when I was nine years old due to a heart attack. My mother was devastated, and so was I. She tried to bring him back by doing resurrection. When that didn't work, she tried making deals with dark wizards, but was caught by an auror, and was sentenced to Azkaban for ten years. But I am not allowed to visit her until I turn eighteen. For the winter holidays I go to my brother's place. But I am waiting for the time to go see my mother. She never wanted to hurt anyone. She only did those things because she was the one hurt. She couldn't bare losing my father. I hated hearing her cry every day. By the time I grew up, I started understanding her pain. And I-" she tried to continue, but the tears were unstoppable.

"Hey, hey... it's okay. It's okay." Tom comforted her, bringing Julia into a tight hug. "Let's get you to rest, alright?"

Julia nodded, still in tears. He carried the girl all the way to the Ravenclaw common room, at which's door she answered the riddle given by the eagle.

Before closing the door behind her, Julia looked at Tom. "Thank you for tonight, Riddle." she said, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

He stood there, looking at the closed door, slightly smiling while touching the area on which she kissed him.

It was my pleasure, love.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
You guys! We made it past 100 reads, and I can't thank you enough. I am honestly speechless. Stay safe, 'aight?🖤