Chapter 7: Opening a Can of Worms

a/n: sorry if you got double notifs. for some reason it was glitching and I had to edit some old names I left in and stuff =u= I'm about to go to sleep but it you see any old names, or first person paragraphs lmk!

~

Jungkook sits there on the edge of Taehyung's bed, wishing his suffering would end. He feels like he had been sitting there listening to his lecture for an eternity, even though it had to have been no more than a few minutes. To be honest, he wasn't actually "listening", only catching a couple of his words, of which consisted of "are you stupid?" and "you're just asking to get killed." Feeling annoyed, he rubs his face and lets out a heavy sigh, finally asking him "Are you finished?"

"No. I really want to know - is something wrong with your head? Because that would make a lot more sense as to why you would EVER stand up to those neanderthals." Taehyung replies. His arms are crossed over his chest, and he's standing right in front of Jungkook - making the teen feel like he's blocked in with nowhere to go, though, he could probably push him over pretty easily if he tried.

"Nothing is wrong with my head." Jungkooks rolls his eyes. "Besides the fact that you're giving me a headache.." Jungkook mutters.

"Then why did you do that? Do you WANT to get your ass kicked?" Taehyung asks, and Jungkook shakes his head at his question.

"Oh yeah, didn't you know getting my ass kicked was on my list of things to do today?" Jungkook asks facetiously.

"Oh ha ha, looks like we have ourselves a comedian." Taehyung says with one of the most serious faces Jungkook had ever seen.

"Listen, I don't know how people usually act in this school," Jungkook says, even though he already has a pretty good idea, "but I for one am not just going to walk away when someone, someone innocent, is getting treated like crap. And I'm not a snitch, so I wasn't about to go to a prefect. But if you wanna call me stupid, then go ahead but at least I can lay my head down at night knowing I at least tried to help."

"Acting like a saint isn't going to get you anywhere besides stuffed into a trash can or a locker...trust me." Taehyung says.

"Whatever, man. So, you said you would lend me your-" Jungkook goes to say, but Taehyung cuts him off.

"Listen, I'm not saying that you shouldn't do anything at all-" Jungkook cuts Taehyung off right back.

"That sure sounds exactly like what you're saying."

"It's not. You see...if you really want to act like a superhero, then fine...but there are much smarter ways to go about doing it - ways that won't get you into trouble with those neanderthals OR the prefects." Taehyung says, and Jungkook's interest is suddenly peeked.

Jungkook raises his eyebrow and he tilts his head to the side. "What do you mean?"

"If you wanna get under someone's skin, you gotta be smart going about it." Taehyung says, turning away from Jungkook. He holds his hands behind his back and Jungkook watches as he paces the room back and fourth. "Instead of going in there, gun's blazing...you gotta take it slow." He holds up his hand. "Think it through...be mindful."

"How is that supposed to work?" Jungkook asks.

"Don't worry, friend. I'll teach you all there is to know. All I ask is that you don't go rushing in anymore..." Taehyung shakes his head in dismay. "For someone who wants to lay low, you sure are doing a bad job at it."

"Fine, whatever. I'll try it your way." Jungkook says, standing up from the bed. He looks down at his watch. "Can I get your clothes now? Class is going to start any minute."