Looking at the flowers she couldn't help but stiff a little. Flowers brought… mixed feelings to her. They brought both good memories and bad ones, both of them she would like to forget. Suddenly, making her traveling companion go to sleep and leave her alone didn't feel like such a good-

Ahri's eyes widen as she realized something. Grey was sleeping, which meant that he could be dreaming. She could use her magic and look into his dreams to finally get some knowledge of who he is.

Of course, Ahri took no joy in toying with dreams anymore. However, she was tired of not knowing anything about her traveling companion, especially since he managed to find out about her magic so easily. She needed to know something other than his name, anything would work.

So, looking at where his eyes were closed, Ahri used her magic, causing her eyes to start glowing blue. Trying to enter his dreams, she found… nothing.

Ahri refused to accept that as an answer. All those who sleep had dreams. Even if they were having a dreamless night, she can easily give them dreams herself from her magic, especially if she was within this close proximity of them, yet she couldn't find-

… It finally clicked in her head. The Nine-Tailed Vastaya then glared at Grey. "Are you trying to insult me?" she received no response to her question, which isn't surprising. "I know you're awake."

The Abyss Watcher's eyes opened behind the small mask, confirming her claims. "Did your magic have something to do with that?" he asked, suspecting that it might be the case.

"Don't change the subject," Ahri immediately retorted, trying to avoid speaking of her magic and his attempt at not answering her. "Why didn't you go to sleep?" she asked.

Grey looked away. "I simply couldn't," he replied.

"If you're going to lie, then at least look at me while doing it," Ahri deadpanned at him, calling out his obvious lie, causing Grey to sigh. He had been told by many people that he was a terrible lier, and he supposed that was true. "Now, tell me, why didn't you go to sleep."

"As I told you before, I don't need to," his answer just seemed to annoy her, rather than satisfy her.

The nine-tailed Vastaya pinched the bridge of her nose, taking a deep breath to calm herself down. "Look, all this time you talked about how you only do things if they were necessary, and how we shouldn't take unnecessary risks," she started as she looked back at him. "It would be really bad if you suddenly passed out from exhaustion, so why don't you take some rest while you can?" she asked him.

"I haven't needed rest in centuries," Grey commented, almost in self-pity. He didn't particularly feel bad about it, or special. After all, that was something all Undead shared.

Ahri's eyes widen. "Centuries?..." for a moment, she believed he was lying since she knew that humans don't live that long. However, after the earlier attempt of lying, along with the fact she sensed no description from him, she could tell that he wasn't. "You're… not human, are you?" she asked to make sure of her suspension.

The Abyss Watcher nodded, seeing no reason to lie, but he didn't reveal what he is to her. Honestly, Ahri wanted to be happy that she finally discovered something from her traveling companion, but what she discovered just filled her head with more questions.

If he was truly centuries old, then that probably meant he was older than her. She had spent the recent years of her life thinking about how everyone was basically a kid compared to her age, since she was nearly over a century old, despite looking youthful, but she apparently found someone who was older than her.

Then there was the fact he wasn't human. True, she didn't believe that he was normal, but she didn't know that he wasn't human. Ahri suspected that he was a Vastaya since they have a long lifespan, but she dismissed that thought.