6

"Your eyes… the eyes of a wolf who lost everything."

Third POV:

Walking all night until the sun rose wasn't something Ahri was particularly fond of. However, her mind was in a rather hectic state after the whole mess with Noxian strays last night. From encountering the Kinkou Order to that little girl that hugged her.

Grey stayed silent most of the way, only asking a few questions about the territory they were in. Right now, they were walking through an open field that was covered in wheat and small rivers of water from the mountains that were in the distance, having walked out of the woods a while ago.

The sky was already turning blue, and the only sound that was heard was their footsteps, the running water, and the chipping of the birds which were starting to wake up.

Honestly, this would be rather peaceful for Ahri if it wasn't for her silent traveling companion. Of course, she was used to traveling in silence, but having someone besides her was making it kind of awkward.

"How long until we reach the next town?" the Undead Swordsman asked suddenly. She was actually thankful that he started speaking.

Looking over the map, Ahri pinpointed where they were and replied, "Not that long. A couple of hours, at most."

However, Ahri's stomach suddenly growled in hunger, causing her to blush in embarrassment. "Perhaps we should stop to get food," Grey suggested as he came to a halt.

Ahri, however, kept walking and moved past him. "If we stop now, it'll take us longer to get to the village. Let's just keep going, and I'll buy something when we get there," she said, not wanting to waste time or appear as a setback for their traveling. The town they were going to reach was a rather big one, so she would undoubtedly find food there.

"So, does that mean you have the money to buy something?" at that question, Ahri came to a complete stop as she noticeably flinched.

Looking at the hidden pockets in her skirt, the only things she found were her gemstones and a couple of gold coins. Barely enough to get her a bottle of water and some bread. Ahri refused to accept that as a meal, and even refused more to trade her gemstones for food.

Maybe she should have taken some money from the Noxian camp. She doubted any of the soldiers there would need it, being dead and all. But, her mind was too preoccupied at that time. She didn't have her cloak anymore, so using her magic without getting noticed won't be easy.

Truthfully, Undead didn't need food, but they can still eat, just like when it comes to sleeping. Grey simply didn't want to resort to stealing just because his traveling companion was being stubborn.

With a reluctant sigh, Ahri turned to Grey. "Alright, I guess we can settle for a short break," she gave in before raising an eyebrow. "So, what will we be eating?"

"These rivers are long and come from the mountains," Grey said motioning to the rivers near the road they were walking. "Their water is also very clean, so we should be able to find some fish in them."

Looking at the river, Ahri saw that they were definitely big enough for someone to find fish in them. Plus, fish was one of her favorite food. So, she shrugged her shoulders and walked towards the river.

The Abyss Watcher followed her and they both stood at the edge, near the water. "Do you have something that can help fish?" he asked.

Ahri gave him a deadpan look. Since this was his idea, she thought that he was the one with the means to get their food. But, she was apparently hoping for too much.