Johnny's Insight

Chapter warnings: mild language

Word Count: 1852

-----

They all sat packed in the van, collectively silent. Even Jungwoo was with them, having left the car at the campsite. They were planning to return, so hopefully everything was left alone. Other raiders were more likely than zombies, but either was an undesirable outcome.

They were on their way to see Johnny. Surprisingly, he had been incredibly cooperative in disclosing his location. She hadn't heard anyone tell him about the situation, but maybe he could just sense the tension? Regardless, they had a lot to discuss with him. He was strangely close by- not even a ten minute drive, and it wasn't long before they pulled up to the camp.

The man was standing there, both hands in his pockets, waiting with a somber look on his face. Everyone piled out of the car, forming a rough semi-circle.

"Hey, Johnny." Taeyong started, greeting him awkwardly. The man nodded in acknowledgement. He looked to Y/N in particular as well, but didn't do anything that she was expecting him to. Rather than wink or say something odd as he had done last time, he looked... sorry for her?

Finally, they had nothing to do other than explain. Johnny stood and listened, saying nothing. Occasionally he would nod, or shift his gaze when a new person began to speak. It was hard to relive, even if it had just happened over the course of the last week. All in all, though, they had to break the news to Johnny. They had lost two more.

"So, uh... we need a few lines on our tattoos. We figured we'd get Y/N on there as well. While we're here." It was only now that Johnny actually spoke.

"I see. So I suppose that means you're staying for good?" He asked, looking her in the eyes.

"I, uh... yeah."

"So you'll be getting the tattoo as well?" She glanced over. All the boys were looking at her, hopeful. Well, she couldn't exactly turn them down now... Especially after everything she'd done.

"Yeah, I'd love to." She said. It was definitely nerve wracking, but it was for the best. He nodded again.

"Alright, then. I'll take you all in the tent one at a time."

"You can go last if you want, Y/N." Taeyong leaned over and said near her ear. She nodded- that would be more comfortable.

Taeyong went in first. While he was getting his tattoo done, the others were waiting outside. Taeil and Jungwoo were muttering to each other. Jaehyun was off on his own, brooding, no doubt. Mark looked as though he wanted to talk to the man, but decided against it, walking back to the car to perform some useless task. Finally, Doyoung approached Y/N.

They hadn't talked much since their... unfortunate introduction. Still, he seemed perfectly comfortable sitting down right next to her. Either he was extremely bold, or just socially oblivious.

"I'm happy you're getting the tattoo." He said shortly, looking at his half-disassembled radio in his hands.

"Yeah... you don't seem like a tattoo kind of guy." She said, trying to start a conversation. He didn't say anything in return, but it was true. Taeyong, Taeil, and Jaehyun all had other tattoos, but Doyoung was clean. She wasn't actually sure where his group tattoo even was.

"I don't blame you, you know." He offered, completely out of context.

"Um... thank you?" She was confused. That was a little uncalled for. Did he think that she thought they blamed her? That would indicate that there was a solid reason to blame her. I mean... I guess that case could be made. "No one does." He added. "Not even Jaehyun."