let me know

The dog, Joon as we have all decided on, stayed on my lap as we drove home, I in a car with Jin, Hoseok, and Jungkook, the others with Yoongi.

"Such a gentle dog." I mumbled, stroking his head, the dog's eyes shut as he fully relaxed in my arms. "A gentle soul." Jin smiled gently from beside me, turning into the parking garage of their apartment.

"Yoongi took the others to buy some food and such, so they'll be back later than us." Jin crouched down as Joon ran around the car to meet him. "Hi buddy." Joon wagged his tail, licking his face excitedly, Hoseok chuckling from beside me.

"What a happy little dog." Hoseok cooed, Joon making his way over to the dancer. "You're so adorable." I smiled, watching Hoseok kiss Joon's forehead, the Dalmatian absolutely loving the attention. My eyes laid on Jungkook, him standing back, rubbing his arm shyly.

"Jungkook." I spoke softly, standing beside him as we watched Jin and Hoseok rub Joon's stomach. "You can pet the dog. It's o-" Jungkook walked away from me, straight to the stairs. Joon rolled from off his back, watching Jungkook let the door slam shut behind him, jogging up the stairs.

"He'll be okay." Jin reassured, signalling for me to follow. "He's healing."

---

"Guys, this is a very important photo shoot." I stood before them, the show paused on the TV behind me. "It's for the next concept and album. We need to leave the house by 7:40 am, got it?" I glanced up, making eye contact with them all. Taehyung didn't let his eyes leave Joon, his head in his lap. "The stylists need us to have our hair completely dry and brushed, no eye bags, and a clean face. That means going to bed at a reasonable time and washing your face before and after you wake up."

"Thanks, we got it." Yoongi kept his eyes on his phone, a harsh tone to his voice. "This isn't our first ro-ow!" Yoongi glared at Jin after being elbowed.

"Thank you Nabi." Jin smiled, turning off the TV. "We should all get to bed now. Shooting will take all day I presume?" I nodded, watching Jungkook walk off, Jimin's wide eyes following. Joon barked, Jungkook freezing in his tracks. All stayed silent as we watched Jungkook. He turned around, nodding at us all before finishing his journey to his room. Joon huffed and laid his head back down in Taehyung's lap.

"Goodnight everyone." Hoseok smiled, stretching his arms above his head. "If we leave early enough, maybe we can grab coffee!" Everyone waved as Hoseok walked away as well.

I went ahead and walked to the kitchen, cleaning up the remains of the take out we bought. I wanted to make sure they all got to bed before I decided to go as well. Jin walked over to me, the lights in the living room going dark after Jimin had left as well.

"You doing okay?" Jin laid his elbows on the table, propping his head up with his palms. "Wasn't the interview hard for you?"

"Yes, but pretending he isn't my brother made it easier." I wiped away the spilled soy sauce. "They didn't ask personal questions about him, so I was fine." Glancing up at him, I saw his wounded eyes. "You seemed well kept together. How did you really feel?"

"Empty." Jin took a deep breath, his fingers tapping on the counter top as he kept his head up on its own. "It feels empty without him. I'm moving forward though, a lot easier than the others." He looked tired, old. I finished cleaning and put my full attention on him, letting him relax. "I go to therapy, Jimin and I do. Separately of course. The others refuse to go. Heck, Jungkook doesn't even talk anymore. He whispered two words to me a few days ago, and those words were 'go away' while I tried helping him." Jin looked up from his hands, his face aging five years in those five minutes. "I don't know if we'll be okay."

"We'll be okay." I leaned forward across the counter top, taking Jin's hands into my own. "Healing takes time. It hasn't even been a month yet. It's going to take several, maybe even a year to heal. We just have to be patient and not pressure them. It will be a slow process, but a process never less." Jin smiled gently, squeezing my hands lightly. I sighed and looked down. "Don't say it-"

"You remind me of him so much."

---

"Where the hell is he?" I looked at my watch, 7:51 am. "We were supposed to leave 11 minutes ago!" I was already getting angry texts from the stylists and photographers, last minute demands and wondering why the hell we aren't there yet.

"Just give-"

"We're late!" I hissed, opening my car door and storming back into the dorm. We had all agreed last night to meet in the car a little earlier than planned so we could get coffee. Jungkook...he's no where to be found and answering no one's texts.

And my ass will be punished because of it.

"Jungkook!" I demanded, banging on his door. "Open the door!" Nothing. I crouched down and saw that the lights weren't even on.

This boy...

I opened the door and turned on the lights, my eyes landing on his body, still laying in the bed. "What the hell are you doing?! We have a photo shoot! I told you this yesterday." I walked over to his blinds, throwing them open. Calm down Nabi...just breathe. "It smells like alcohol Jungkook. You can't-"

"Shut the fuck up!" Jungkook roared, sitting up in his bed, the face of a lion painted on his face. "Get the hell out of my life! You're nothing to us! You're not Namjoon and you never will be!" My nose twitched.

I'm not dealing with this.

I'm not going to have him only yell at me.

I'm not going to deal with it.

"I know I'm not Namjoon!" I raised my voice, stepping closer to him, pointing at myself, my nose burning. Stay calm. I lowered my voice for the next sentence, Jungkook breathing heavily out of anger. "But he was my goddamn brother."

Jungkook froze.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Namjoon's number, putting it on speaker. I showed him the caller ID, 'Joon'.

And then his voice flooded the room.

"Hey little sis!" He had a huge smile in his voice, the voicemail already memorized. "I'm sorry I couldn't pick up, but I promise the second I have time to, I will call you back." He chuckled softly. "I love you lots." And he made a kiss sound, hanging up, the voicemail ending.

"He had a sister?" Jungkook's voice shook, his once shouting voice reduced to a scared whisper.

"Has." I corrected, showing him my lock screen, the one of Namjoon and I playing in the mud.

"Oh my God." Jungkook sobbed out, falling out of bed, crawling to me. I hurried over to him, kneeling beside him, catching him before he fell to his stomach again. "I'm so sorry!" He clung to me so tightly, it was hard to breathe. "Namjoon, I'm so sorry!"

Joon, the puppy, he sat beside us, watching silently. Not a whine nor bark coming from him. His tail didn't bang against the ground. No, he was quiet. He watched Jungkook sob into me, his voice finally back.

I'm his Namjoon now I suppose.

sorry the update took so long...i was on vacation