Happy Birthday, Jo

It had been 2 weeks since Josie had disappeared after her little fire show. The school slowly recovered from the event and thankfully they managed to save almost everything. A few things that did burn, were quickly replaced before any questions were asked or any attention was brought to them.

But the main thing was, no one had any idea where Josie was. Hope and Izel had tried every spell they knew but they got nothing. Even by taking Lizzie's help and her twin bond they could sense absolutely nothing. Whatever cloaking spell Josie was using, was very powerful and untraceable. So all that was left to do then, was to wait.

_______

And as today started, two people didn't have the best one. Rafael was having flashes. Memory flashes. About the day he couldn't remember. When he came back from his dad's. He was running from something. Someone. In a red hood. He was scared and then he tripped. In front of him stood someone in a red hood. The Necromancer. What? But before he could pay it anymore attention, a PA system announcement by Alaric instructing everyone to come down for morning assembly had broken his thoughts and he had descended towards the assembly with Landon.

Izel on the other hand, was having nightmares. All she needed was a few hours of sleep. She was exhausted. She thought she'll easily pass out. She was wrong. Of course she was. Malivore never let her be right. Or breathe without it being at the front of her mind for that matter. She doesn't know why can't she just be rid of it. Why can't she just.... Forget, the time she spent in there. Or have him leave her alone. Because at this point, she doesn't know if her nightmares are from PTSD from being inside Malivore or Malivore himself. And it hurts so much that it's become normal now. Sometimes she wonders if the Golden Child was the right term for her. Because she sure as hell doesn't feel like one. All she feels like most of the time, is broken. And she does want to tell Hope. Or others. But with everything going on recently, she doesn't want to burden them. They have enough on them to also have her broken life on top of it. Before she could go on more in her head, her thoughts were cut off by the PA announcement for morning assembly. So with a heavy sigh, she went down too.

_______

As everyone arrived at the assembly and took a seat, Alaric started his announcement. About Josie. He started by addressing and confirming the rumours surrounding the whole situation,

"I know we're all worried. Believe me, no one is more worried than I am. My daughter Josie is still missing. And even as I speak, we are doing everything we can to find her. Jed and the wolves are attempting to track her, Kaleb and the vampires have compelled the local police for any help they can provide. We will find her. That said, I just want to reiterate, under no circumstances should you approach her. While she is our family and friend, she's under the influence of Black Magic and not herself. Your safety, and Josie's, is my top priority. I promise you, I will get through to her and bring back the Josie we all know and love safely. But first, we just have to find her" he paused with an exhausted sigh.

And as soon as he said that, the doors burst open revealing Josie standing there with a smirk, "I'm right here, dad" she said and then proceeded to levitate down the stairs.

Everyone gasped and looked at her in shock. Some, who knew her, looked at her in relief. Alaric wasn't in that.

"Oh, don't look so shocked. Did you really think I would miss my birthday?" she asked with a smirk.

Then looking at Lizzie putting a strand of her hair behind her ear, "Aw, sorry. Our birthday" she mocked with a smirk.

Then walking a few steps further, "So? What did I miss?" she asked casually.

And that is when it started going south.

_______

In the coming hours, Josie got her own goth squad that she magically compelled using a Black Magic suggestion spell to prepare her birthday bash. She was also allowed to casually stroll around the school as they can't really stop her since she didn't really do anything. So they were just trying to keep an eye on her.