Perks And Benefits

A year ago,

After the Necromancer had successfully deceived Izel and the whole school at that and got the knife and returned it to Malivore without any complications and disappeared from the cells, he opened his eyes and he was somewhere..?

A strip mall. And he wasn't allowed to sleep on the curb. That's what a watchman told him. But that thundering dolt didn't know who he was speaking to. He was speaking to THE NECRO-

Oh. OH. He didn't look like himself anymore. When his face reflected back to him from the glass wall of the mall, he saw that he looked like a... Human. His face didn't have any scars, he didn't look scary, he even had a normal complexion! He was human. And without powers, on another note. And that's when he realized, Malivore didn't care about his 'deal'. He, screwed him over. Because this, wasn't peace. No buddy. This, was Texas.

_______

Back to Present,

On Christmas, Izel finally got her happy ending. Even if that Christmas was fake, her wish was granted, to have the girl she loves, in her arms. And that's exactly what she did. While she wasn't ready to move back in quite so soon, she was ready to spend some time with Hope. And that's what they did.

So while she was procrastinating talking to Alaric about moving back in, she and Hope spent some time together. Whether it be by doing nothing in her hotel room--which Hope was surprised she didn't know about--or the school itself, or helping Hope with her class work as school work has been going in full force and was taking most of Hope's time.

But Hope knew exactly what Izel was postponing by doing so. So one evening when Hope came at Izel's hotel to complete her dozen assignments she had gotten and Izel had offered to help, she asked her,

"Hey. Have you talked to Dr. Saltzman yet?" she asked looking up from her notebook at Izel whose head was buried in one of her textbooks.

"About?" Izel asked not taking her eyes off the textbook. Because she knew exactly what Hope was talking about.

"Moving back in" Hope replied. Knowing what Izel was doing but answering anyways.

"I will. Soon" Izel replied.

"You've been saying that for almost three weeks now. When is soon??" Hope asked keeping her pen down and focusing on Izel fully.

Izel sighed and kept her book down too. She didn't know when was soon because she didn't know if she could face everyone.

"Hey. You can't keep delaying it forever. You have to move back in at some point. I know nothing has happened for three weeks but if it does, you won't be able to help with the monster" Hope said softly having seen the flash of emotions on Izel's face.

"It's just that... I feel like if I go back, everyone is gonna hate me because I ruined the happy times you all were having by coming back. And I just... Don't want to face that" Izel admitted with a heavy exhale.

"No one hates you. You need to know that" Hope softly replied keeping her hand on top of Izel's.

"I'm pretty sure they do. The only people that I think don't hate me, are MG and Lizzie. Which I'm pretty sure they do too in secret" Izel replied then.

"I don't hate you" was all Hope replied giving her hand a reassuring squeeze.

Izel looked at her with a small smile and entwined their fingers.

Then with a smile looking down at their hands, Hope added, "Come back for me? We'll face everyone together. I promise" Hope reassured.

Izel sighed but gave in.