I'm Not A Hero

Alyssa Chang. A girl that suddenly appeared in Izel's life as a mean bitch. But we don't have any idea as to who she is. This is her story.

Alyssa Chang was rescued by Alaric 8 years ago when she had accidentally blown up her house and killed her parents along with it because she had no idea how to control her Witch powers. Alaric had found her and decided that he would take her to the Salvatore School and enroll her there so she can feel safe and loved. So he had told Dorian to cover up the explosion and chalk it up to gas leak and had driven Alyssa towards the Salvatore School.

But things didn't go as planned. Alyssa turned out to be a problematic and an impulsive kid. She would never get along with others and hated the twins with all her being. Especially Lizzie. She even went as far to turn them purple when Lizzie wouldn't give her the purple hair tie she was wearing.

But those were all petty mischiefs that could be avoided or let be after a warning. But it really got out of hand when Lizzie was rushed to the infirmary with severe burns. Though Alyssa had simply stated that she was in the library when it had happened and although it was true, Emma had known that she had been practicing linking spells. Linking people to objects. And she backed it by showing her the book which had been burned badly.

So that is when Alaric had to consider an option he thought he'd never consider ever again. Expulsion. But Emma held him back and convinced him that Alyssa wasn't like the others. So they had given Alyssa another option. Have the memories of her parents and all the things she had done erased and have a fresh start and stay or refuse and be expelled. So Alyssa had chosen to stay.

And fortunately, her behavior improved. She acted less impulsively, got less angry, and even had best friends. Emma was happy by her progress and thought that maybe she had succeeded and her life had went on in the Salvatore School.

_______

Present,

It was a beautiful day in the Salvatore School. Students that were awake early, were mulling around grumbling and passing their time. And speaking of people awake, Izel was one too. She hasn't been able to exactly sleep. Sure, things in her life were actually fine right now. She even was on speaking terms with Josie again now since 2 days. Her nightmares have gone down but that didn't mean that Malivore completely let her be. She couldn't get more than a couple of hours in before she woke up screaming or panting and filled with dread and fear. And her new roommate, didn't quite like interruptions while she slept. So she had mostly foregone sleep after she woke up or didn't sleep at all.

But unfortunately, Hope had noticed the next day when she didn't sleep. Of course she did. Everyone would if you were swaying in the middle of the classes. But she had dismissed it saying she was fine. But when Hope had found her near the fireplace in the middle of the night the day before yesterday, she had taken her to her room with nothing said. And with no questions asked, she had held her and ushered them both to sleep. And she did sleep that night. Peacefully. After a long time. And the next day, Hope didn't ask her anything. Just told her to come find her when she wants to talk about it in a tone that said she knew what she was going through. But Izel didn't. Because she didn't want to burden her with her problems. Again. And so yesterday night, she had stayed in bed staring at the ceiling after she was inevitably woken up.

So you can say that today, she wasn't in the best mood. But that, wasn't just because of having almost no sleep. That was also because her roommate, Alyssa, was a pain in the ass. She kept annoying her and poking her, used obnoxious perfumes, disgusting scented candles, and stole her things. All. The. Time! Even today morning. She not only found her in her bed, she found her in her bed making out with Jed! Jed atleast had the audacity to apologize before leaving. Alyssa had just told that her bed should see more actions! What the hell!? So she simply took the book that she was originally there for and left towards her classes grumbling about how Alyssa can have the room to herself and she'll probably be staying over at Hope's today. Because the smirk Alyssa had, told her that she wasn't going to stop.