Chapter 26: Cara Boyz Famous Chili

Grant was flirting heavy with Ebony and I was trying to laugh it off like she was, but for some reason, my blood was boiling. "There you go, nice and easy, like you're making love." He murmured, his ginger beard out of control, making him look like a wooly mammoth.

"Y'all are chopping onions, not fucking," I grumbled from the kitchen table, watching Xavier as he drained the bottle of milk I was feeding him.

"Are you jealous?" Grant asked.

"Yeah, jealous?" Ebony asked, her voice light and teasing in comparison to Grant who was dead ass serious.

I looked up at them to find them watching me, Grant looked smug as hell, Ebony had stars in her eyes. "Never," I answered, looking back at my son who's lids were steady drooping.

"Damn, but I am. Let me hold my baby," Eb whined, setting down her knife and going to wash her hands.

By the time she had dried them, all the milk was gone and so I handed him over so she could burp him. When she walked away I had to smack her ass.

"Hey, none of that shit, come over here and help me cook." Grant barked making me roll my eyes.

I stood from the table, leaving Ebony to bounce and coo at Xavier who was bout ready to pass the fuck out. I joined Grant in the kitchen and picked up Ebony's knife. He was supposed to be teaching Eb how to make the Cara Boyz' famous chili but her attention span has been very short lately.

Grant and I fell into a comfortable silence as we got to work, moving like a well choreographed fight. All day I'd been on a cloud, we got to leave the hospital this morning after a couple days of observation for both baby and mama. But once they were cleared we were out. All week Jake, Avery, Taryn and I had been setting up Ebony's place for the baby.

The room she had been clearing out for the nursery had been 90% done and we finished the rest today. Jake had left an hour earlier and Taryn some time before that. Grant was gonna leave but Eb begged him to stay for dinner, I think she was nervous about something. Which put me slightly on edge.

I went into the fridge for some tomato juice when her phone vibrated on the counter. "Mamas, your phone."

"Who is it?" She asked, making me look.

The blood in my veins heated right back up, "Malcolm's bitch ass."

"Right," Ebony muttered, "Is he here?"

I unlocked her phone and checked the message, "He said he's on his way up." I set her phone down, tomato juice forgotten, and turned to look at her. "Why is he on his way up here?"

Ebony looked at me, face straight as the day is long, and said, "He's joining us for dinner."

My first response of "I think the fuck not!" was totally an old Niall response. Earlier this week, I might've blown up on her when I caught her texting him. She very swiftly let me know that while she was down for us being a thing, she wasn't down for a controlling, jealous ass nigga.

But it's not like I'm jealous! That man can just kiss my ass and suck a dick.

Anyways, I promised I'd work on my anger.

So instead I raised an eyebrow, "Oh really?"

She nodded, giving me a small smile that pissed me off a little more. "Yes really, why do you think I begged Grant to stay?"

Grant gasped, "It wasn't because you love my company?"

I rolled my eyes, going to grab the tomato juice.

"Of course! Grant, my love, I wanted you to stay anyways. It just helps that you can make sure Niall is on his best behavior." She said.

I snorted as Grant hummed. "That depends on if Malcolm's bitch ass behaves or not."