Chapter 6: Horror Stories

"Nigga, why are your hands so soft?"

I was about to answer Jake as we made our way outside to his patio, but then he answered his own damn question.

"You gettin pedicures again?"

I laughed, setting the case of beer on the cover to the fire pit, slipping one out before taking my seat. I cracked it open, "Taryn made me get a mani-pedi."

Jake's eyebrows furrowed as he settled in, arm thrown over the back of the couch, he blew out a breath. "Why?"

"Because," I took a swig of beer, my eyes popping up to the deck doors, Grant stepped out, carrying a bag with our burritos. "I needed a favor, it was basically a trade."

"What was the favor?" He pressed, green eyes trying to read the hell out of me.

I rolled mine, "Nigga just wait, I'm gonna tell y'all everything."

"Well where the fuck is Grant then, he was supposed to be here," Jake huffed, checking his watch, his foot tapping. Jake needed everyone to be punctual, his time was literally money, all of ours was of I'm being honest.

I was about to tell Jake that Grant was right behind him, but then Grant slapped him upside the head with our food. "I'm right here nigga, I would've been on time but your fancy ass order took forever." He took the space between Jake and I, kicking his legs up onto the fire pit.

Jake smacked Grant's arm, snatching the bag out of his hand, "Alright, talk Niall."

I held up a finger, chugging the rest of my drink before letting out a satisfying burp, Grant tossed my burrito besides me. "So, I got Ebony pregnant."

"What?" Grant's dark grey eyes went wide, his pale cheeks heating up, highlighting his freckles. "Nigga, what?" He asked again, scratching his well kept ginger beard.

I was gonna respond but my stomach grumbled so I unwrapped my burrito and took a bite, Grant turned to Jake.

"Why aren't you freaking out?"

"Avery told me a couple days ago," Jake muttered before taking a bite of his food.

Grant huffed, unwrapping his burrito, muttering as he prepared to take a bite. "I'm always the last to fucking know, ain't that some shit."

I laughed, swallowing, "Dustin doesn't know."

"Dustin never knows, he pops in and out of our lives whenever he pleases." Grant deadpanned as he chewed, eyes slightly narrowed. "But anyways, tell me how the fuck you got Ebony pregnant. I thought she blocked you on everything."

I took in a deep breath, throwing my arm over the back of the couch, my eyes unfocused as I thought about Quan's birthday. "Shit bro, she did, haven't heard from or seen her in a couple years and then she was just there. At Quan's birthday party, looking damn good, so naturally I had to hit that."

"Naturally," Jake agreed.

I smirked, "Guess we got carried away? Fuck, I don't know, I hit it raw-"

"-Nigga-"

"-I know, fuck, but look it gets worse." I grumbled, taking a huge bite, looking over at Jake who was watching me, face blank. His stare made me nervous, Jake was unofficially but officially like a father figure for Pete and I. At the very least I respected him a whole fucking lot and looked up to him, I wanted to be as good a father as he is. I looked down, "I didn't find out she was pregnant until last week. I went to see her and she told me she doesn't me want me involved at all, hence the reason it's been six months and I didn't know shit."