Living in the hood

Star POV

My aunt and her boyfriend came to pick me up. They were very me and and rude. We got to their apartment and they threw me in my room. Not literally. But my aunt told me she was going to work, and I was scared. I didn't want to be left with a stranger even thought they both are strangers since I knew nothing about them. I decided to do homeschooling so that could be easier and I could get to know about the last of the family I have left. I rested on my bed about to sleep but the door opened, and I felt the bed dip. I kept my eyes closed. I smelled the persons breath in my face. It smelled like beer and ugh. My hands were held down and I looked up and he smiled at me. I tried kicking to get away but he punched me. That's when everything went black.

When I woke up my aunt walked in with a belt. "Aunt I don't know your name but your boyfriend...." I said and tears rolled down my face and I was hit with the belt.

"How dare you flirt with my boyfriend!" She yelled, and punched, kicked, and slapped me. I cried. it happened almost everyday when my aunt left for work I have been here for a month. I stayed in pain, covered in bruises.

I decided it was time for me to go when they left. I took the next plane to California. I got there to the house ran in and closed the door silently behind me and ran upstairs. I went to my room and took a bath cleaning away the filth. I ran downstairs, and I heard them having a family dinner. I walked in and they looked up, and came towards me hugging me. I was scared and jumpy but I calmed down.

Mike grabbed my face and looked at me. He walked me to the sink, and wiped my face and I heard gasp. I looked down. "Who did this!" Mike yelled at me and I stumbled back scared.

"Boys go upstairs and get ready for bed now I will be up in ten minutes." Mike's mom said. The boys left.

"No one I fell." I said.

"Lies! Why haven't you picked up your calls. I have been worried sick." He said, and I didn't say anything. He walked away and the front door slammed and tears flowed out of my eyes. I told his mom everything. Me, and her sons, and her of course took me to the hospital where I stayed for a week getting my health together. I ate, since when I was gone I was only given crackers, and water to eat. The doctor came in, turns out I was pregnant. Mike's mom Sarah told me I don't have to be embarrass or scared she was there.

"You had no control over what happened, you tried to stop it okay. It is not his baby, but it is yours. We have your back okay. No tears you are a mother." Sarah said, and I nodded.

"Thank you." I said, and I was given the ultra sound. The door opened, and Mike looked at the screen, my stomach, and he walked out. I started back crying. I was taken home, and Mike was in his room on his bed. I opened the door and he didn't even look at me. "Mike." I said, and he ignored me. "Say something please." I asked him.

"What do you want me to say. Huh, I have been waiting for a call from you. I never knew you would be pregnant. I want the truth now Price." He said.

"My name is Star to you, don't be mad at me please. You deserve the truth I know okay. Did you read the letter I gave you." I asked.

"Yes, we can't have anything between us if you don't tell me the truth." He said. I told him everything and he ended up punching the wall, and he walked towards me and hugged me.

"He wouldn't stop, and she would come home and punch me. I didn't do anything. When he was done he would smile, and it is stuck in my head." I cried, and he laid me in his bed and hugged me and told me everything was going to be okay. I fell asleep but woke up screaming. I sat up terrified.

"It is okay, I am here for you. So no more tears." Mike said, and I nodded and listened to his heart beat. When I fell asleep it was till the afternoon, and I woke up. Mike was looking at my small baby bump. I grabbed his hand, and sat it on my tummy. "I feel nothing, where are the kicks." He asked.

"The baby needs to be bigger. Do you think I can raise this child, or get it foster parents." I asked.

"You are raising it. Get dressed, and come outside when you are done. Give me ten minutes. We can play basketball." He said, and I nodded. I put on a floral black skater dress, black converse, and a grey beanie. I walked downstairs, and Sarah was tearing up.

"Are you okay." I asked.

"Oh yes dear go to Mike." She said, and I nodded. I walked outside and he was in a tux, on his knees holding a ring. tears started rolling down my face. I walked towards him and hugged him.

"Star you have to let me say the words first." He said and I left and started laughing.

"Sorry." I said, and he nodded.

"Star I know I haven't been a very nice person to you, and I am sorry. But I started falling for you in eleventh grade. How no matter what Victoria do, say you walked off with your head high. how beautiful you were, how short you are. Trust me you haven't grown an inch in the last four years." He said, and I hit his arm.

"Yes I have." I defended myself.

"Whatever, but I guess what I am saying is will you marry me Star Price." He asked.

"I never thought in would ever say this to you, but yes." I said, and he put the ring on my finger. it was beautiful not too big, it was just right.