Seventy

Hunter carries me back to the pack house swaying me around while whistling a tune that sounds very familiar but I cannot quiet put my finger on it.

"What song is that?" I ask looking deep into his eyes as my arms are wrapped around his neck.

He smiles at me and then whistles the song again and moves me to the beat of the song.

"If I was a flower growing wild and free all I'd want is you to be my sweet honey bee."

"I know this song," realization dawns on me.

"And if I was a tree growing tall and green
All I'd want is you to shade me and be my leaves." He sings and I know where it is from.

"Juno!" I laugh, he nods and without missing a beat he continues.

"All I want is you, will you be my bride
Take me by the hand and stand by my side
All I want is you, will you stay with me?
Hold me in your arms and sway me like the sea."

We are in front of the pack house now and there are people from Hunter's pack arriving getting ready for the wedding and helping in whatever they can. I expect Hunter to stop singing but he keeps going.

"If you were a river in the mountains tall,
The rumble of your water would be my call.
If you were the winter, I know I'd be the snow
Just as long as you were with me, when the cold winds blow."

The people outside stare at us as Hunter carries me like a child. I can feel the embarrassment fill me as my cheeks heat up and I squirm in his arms wanting him to put me down.

"Put me down!" I whisper to him hoping that he would listen. He shakes his head as he holds me tighter to his chest and takes a deep breath as he goes to the next verse.

"If you were a wink, I'd be a nod
If you were a seed, well I'd be a pod.
If you were the floor, I'd wanna be the rug
And if you were a kiss, I know I'd be a hug."

My eyes dart to everyone around they seem happy to see their alpha act like this. When my eyes lock on Drake he stares at me with amusement in his eyes.

"If you were the wood, I'd be the fire. If you were the love, I'd be the desire.
If you were a castle, I'd be your moat,
And if you were an ocean, I'd learn to float..."

"Is it over?"

"You embarrass to easy. Andrew said you liked this song," he says as he releases my legs but keeps his hand on my back pressing me against him.

"I do embarrass easy. I love the song and you love the attention on you."

"No, I don't but I'm not worried about people looking at me." He lowers himself and presses his lips against mine.

The sound of something falling makes us move apart as our eyes look towards a young male that apparently dropped two suitcases and one opened up in the progress. Hunter releases me and hurries to help out the boy.

"I haven't seen our alpha this happy before." An older lady chimes at me as her hand rests on my shoulder. I look at her and she smiles as she keeps on her way.

He is a completely different person from what he told me he was. Angry at the world and careless.

"Melany," I do not have enough time to turn when I am up in the air.

"What the hell?" I scream as the person flings me into the air and catches me. I push away and Ken's huge grin appears before me.

"Lighten up!" He beams up at me.