Four

The darkness is the least of my worries as the wind is picking up as I bolt through the back door.

Running used to be just for my wolf's enjoyment but lately, it seems to bring a thrill to me.

My father is in another pack meeting and I want to meet up with Marcus before he returns. My wolf jolts in excitement as we run into the trees and head straight to our secret meeting spot.

My father accepted Marcus as part of his pack, but he is not living in the pack house.

It's been a few days since Marcus has joined the pack and on the first night, Marcus and I took a stroll through the forest. That is when we found the clearing.

The moon shines above it as if it is destined to be found by us. The flowers are tucked under the leaves as if waiting for the sun to rise so that they can rise alongside it.

No one in the pack knows about our relationship other than we found each other. We both have our reasons. Marcus has yet to tell me his. When a wolf finds their mate they tend to show them off to the rest of the pack and I know how that felt. I do not want to make anyone feel that way because of us.

Breaking through the tree Marcus is sitting on the fallen over tree-trunk. His hazel eyes fall on me and an amused smile spreads across his lips. The breath in my lungs rushes out of me as I take him in, my God.

"I knew that you would be coming down here tonight," he smiles at me. His polo shirt fits him rather snug and all the button are open showing off his neck.

"I thought you would be here as well," the way he carries himself is radiating confidence. Not once has he doubted what he was doing around me and I hide my intimidation.

"What do you want to do," he makes his way to me and swallows me up in a bear hug.

Anything as long as we are together.

"I don't know," glancing up I see that his hazel eyes are looking up at the starry sky.

"This might sound childish," I shake my head, "but," his chest heaves as he holds back a chuckle, "tag you're it." Marcus taps my head and twists his body running to the trees.

"What?" This is not what I wanted. I want to be by his side. Not running away from each other.

Go after him! Competitively my wolf pushes my body forward.

Running through the trees my wolf heightens my senses, his scent fills my lungs as his footsteps pound at my eardrums.

"You're on," Marcus is heading west towards the creek. I can beat him there.

The rush of joy pumps from my heart to my legs as they carry me as fast as they can to the creek. I can sense Marcus running close by and my wolf allows me to take over my body. Cutting through the trees I can hear his feet splash in the water.

"Gotcha," my body pushes out of the trees and an exposed Marcus is just a few feet into the creek when my body lunges at him. My arms wrap around his neck as I cling onto him. The gasps that escape him fill my ears as he drops to his knees.

The water seeps into my shoes and through my jeans. "You're faster than I gave you credit for," he shakes his head as he pulls himself up along with myself.

"I've always been a bit faster than people give me credit for," I say as I plant my feet firmly on the ground.

Marcus links our hands as he leads us back to the pack house. "I don't want to upset the alpha," Marcus says as the pack house comes into view. It seems since he has joined the pack we hardly have any time to ourselves.