Chapter 6: Ready? - Fitz

Start from the beginning

"Well, they told us to be careful. And, I'm assuming Dex hasn't woken up yet, so maybe I'm wrong, but if the Neverseen show up, he can't do anything, obviously. Who knows what they might try on him?"

I looked back at the cabin for a moment before looking back at Nico. "So, what do you plan on doing?"

" I don't know, honestly. "

"How do you 'not know'!?" I exclaimed, " You come to us saying Dex will probably be defenceless to an attack that'll probably happen today, and have no way to help?! "

"Fitz, chill!" Hazel said, "We'll make sure Dex is fine."

I took a deep breath, " Look. Dex is the only other elf here. He's already 'died' once, and I don't know how everyone else would feel if he died for real this time. Sophie would probably break because she feels responsible for everyone, and none of us would be able to live with that. Please. Sophie already doesn't like me, and I don't want to make our relationship worse. "

Nico sighed, "Alright. I'll try. But don't expect too much from me."

" Thank you, Nico, " Hazel said with a smile. As Nico walked away, she turned to me, "Don't worry about Dex. We'll figure it out."

I hesitated for a moment before nodding, "Okay. "

"Hazel! Fitz!" Percy called, " You gonna train or what? "

"We'd better go," Hazel said, smiling as she walked towards the arena. I followed close behind, trying to keep my eyes away from Will and the other Apollo children, who were helping some campers that had gotten injured. Instead, I focused on some of the Hephestus campers, whom I had given one of Dex's  gadgets and asked to know what it did, since I actually didn't know. Two days later, they still hadn't figured it out.

"So, who's fighting against who?" Hazel asked.

" Not me, " Percy declared, "I just got done."

"I'm out too," Jason sighed, " I'll watch a round. "

Piper rolled her eyes, "Well, I may as well go, since they won't," she towards Frank, Percy, and Jason.

"What makes you think I'm not training?" Frank asked.

"The fact that you only go against Hazel."

Hazel thought for a moment before laughing, "Well, she's not wrong!"

"I think Fitz should go," Jason said lightly.

I stole a look at Hazel. " Um, I'm good. Piper and Hazel can go against each other. "

"Come on, Fitz!" Frank exclaimed as Piper pushed him forward, "Pipes is one of the best people to start with. Either her or Hazel. And she already volunteered."

" You'll be fine, " Hazel encouraged, but her eyes betrayed the confidence in her voice, "Just be careful." I nodded and let Piper push me into a preparation room of sorts. Jason followed behind to answer any questions I had, and I had many. Eventually, he started asking me questions, like "have you ever fought someone before?", "Who taught you? " , that kind of thing.

"Do you have a weapon to fight with?" He asked after I refused to wear any armor of any kind.

I reached a hand into one of my pockets and grabbed the throwing star hidden inside. "Yeah. I do. "

"And?" He urged, apparently curious.

As fast as I could, I pulled the star out of my pocket and threw it above Jason's head, lodging it into the wooden wall, "And I can be dangerous if I want to."

Jason pulled the star out of its place in the wall and examined it, "Well, I'm no weapons expert, but I've never seen this kind of throwing star before."