𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

"I'm glad that I had the time to planted this sunflowers before you came. It's almost like it's fate that brought us here together." Zack joked as he give me a wink. I playfully punch his shoulder. "You're such a tease." I chuckled.

Zack grins. "Well, I am a jokester after all." He proudly said that. He is like Joel, being so honest.

"I wish Maddox will see this since she never see sunflowers in person at all." Now that I mentioned my little sister, Zack seem interested about Maddox. "So is she your biological sister?" He asked, feeling curious.

I nodded. "Yeah, she is one year younger than both of us. Right now, she went to attended magic school with my childhood friend."

"And how about you?"

"Don't ask."

Zack laughs. "I guess schools are exhausting." Yup, he's understand me very well in short time.

"Sword trainings are also exhausting, sport idiot."

"Wow! You are just called me idiot right away! Max, you're such a meanie!" He pouted. He don't seem offended by that.

I rolled my eyes. "Well, I am telling the truth."

"Eh~? But you don't have to call me sport idiot! Only dad admitted that he is dumb, not me! You hurt my pride, Max!"

We started teasing each other and laughs at our lame jokes. We get along pretty well unlike our dads.

Being with Zack reminded me of the sunflower. He is just like the sun, him being cheerful. He is befriends with me even if I am too shy at first and I hardly talk but he patiently waited for me to get used to him.

He is a great friend but why is he's alone even if he's this nice?

O Chapter 7 o Summer Heat O

"Two ice cream soda and curry as well, please." After all that, we finally arrived to the cafeteria and Zack ordered foods and drinks for me as well to the A.I. As for me, I am waiting on one table, that not far away from Zack is.

The cafeteria has big space, enough for many knights rest here. I noticed there's trainees that trained with Zack are here as well. For some reason, they don't seem get close to Zack. They ignored him whenever he is close beside them.

It's almost like they avoided him as if his existence are not exist to them. Even though he is the son of the famous knight Joel yet they don't want to talk with him.

"Sorry for the wait, Max!" Zack came back, bringing two trays with his two hands. "Oh, you're here." He grinned happily as he put down one tray in front of me carefully. "I just brought curry and ice cream soda for lunch. Is that okay for you, Max?" I nodded.

"Yeah, thanks for the foods." I start picking up the spoon and take a piece of curry into my mouth. "It's been a while that I haven't eaten curry." I said while eating as I take more into my mouth. "Yeah, me too. My mom suddenly stopped cooking curry for me since she wanted to eat something else." Zack exclaimed, pouting childishly.

I cringed. "What are you? A curry alien?"

Zack give me a thumb up. "What do you say? I like curry! Curry's the best when to come the spice." He proudly said it. I rolled my eyes back. "I preferred eating fried rice with egg to be honest." Zack put his spoon with curry into his mouth again. "I didn't know you like egg that much."