Act 3

Shigaraki P.O.V.

     Kurogiri drives us into the woods, Ma slowly coming back into consciousness. I keep a look out for the wooden cabin somewhere toward the end of this dirt road.

     I had bought the building from an acquaintance who even offered to clean it up for me. A bit sketchy, but I managed to remove any traces of it off the internet in my spare time. For the time being, it would serve as a temporary hideout. 

     From what I could remember, the house had three bedrooms, two bathrooms, an attic, and a kitchen. I already set up a plan for everyone's rooms, putting each member with who they were most friendly with, and I was able to keep a room for Ma and Pa too.  Twice and Toga were paired up because, even though they might not know, I could hear him wake up at night and Toga comfort him back into sleep. Spinner, Magne, Kurogiri, and Compress got the attic, which comfortably stored 4 beds. Then that left Dabi and I for the last room.

     That was not exactly intentional, but I guess some part of my mind wanted him in the same room that I was in. Like I said, it wasn't fully intentional, it was more like i "forgot" about Dabi and then conveniently placed him in the other bed in my room.

     Kurogiri makes a turn and I see the cabin straight ahead. I shuffle in my seat and rest my hand on Ma's shoulder.

     "We're almost there." I whisper, more to myself than to Ma. 

     By the time Kurogiri pulls over next to the newly remodeled building, Ma had just woken up and was holding onto my hand softly, like she wanted to comfort me. When the car stopped, i stepped out and offered my hand to help Ma out. She takes it and trembles slightly when walking out. 

     Every step we take toward the cabin I feel worse and worse. Regrets fill my head every time I see Ma shake or lose her footing. It could be passed off as old age, but when you see the large gashes and bruises scattered across her body, you would know that old age had little to nothing to do with it. 

     I pushed the doors open and helped Ma inside, watching her face carefully. She glances into the room with a wave of sadness washing over her face. Dabi whispers into Ma's ear and points toward the couch where Pa was sitting. I see the waves retreat and are replaced by a blinding beam of happiness.

     "Tristan!" Ma exclaims, running over to him, despite her injuries, and wraps her arms around his neck. I hear their muffled sobs and watch them curiously with a sense of familiarity creeping into my mind. 

     That's when I realized, I did the same thing when I found out Ma was kidnapped. In those few days she had turned into a mother figure and became family to me. At the cafe, Dabi and Pa had shared a similar exchange, and then on the corner of Cherry Road, Dabi and I repeated it. The embrace... It meant everything from respect for the other's feelings to supporting them in what they choose to do from that point on. 

     How one simple action could mean so much, I have no idea.

Dabi P.O.V.

     Watching Ma and Pa happily together again, I feel a weight lift off my chest for a few seconds. I feel Tomura slip his hand into mine and I sub-consciously grasp onto it tighter, smiling proudly. Shigaraki and I helped make this happen, and, somewhere in the back of my mind, I start imagining Shigaraki and I like Ma and Pa, just... Happy. I just want us to be happy and free.

     Tomura glances over at me with a slight blush splattered across his face. I notice where our hands were and I look away, embarrassed. I grasp onto his hand tighter and release it slowly. I slowly work up the courage to look at Shigaraki. I feel him tug on my hand, making me look over to see him a dark shade of red and his hair covering his face except for his mouth and a few places his bangs couldn't cover.

     The heavy weight returns to my chest, but this time, it was a bit different. Now it was warmer and was drawn to Tomura. I felt something like this whenever I was around Ma, but it was weaker than this one. I bite my lip, a little confused about this new feeling, and start rubbing the back of his calloused hand with my thumb.

     "Everything okay, Tomura?" I blurt out, trying to make this less awkward.

     "Yeah, I'm all good." He buries his face in my arm, making me even more flustered. 

     I chuckle softly and rub his head. I run my fingers through his hair, my focus slipping onto him entirely, blocking out everything else.

     I think I know what this feeling is now. Or, at least, I can guess. I think I'm... I think I'm in love. 

     I brush Shigaraki's hair, focusing on each strand and how it reflects the light in the cabin. I feel his breaths start to match my own and he squeezes my palm.

     "You two look cute." Ma says, breaking the small silence Tomura and I shared.

     Shigaraki pulls on my shirt and I feel him smile against my shoulder. My smile spreads even farther and I look over at the older couple.

     "Feeling better Ma?" I look back over at Tomura, and continue to brush his hair. 

     "Much better," Pa helps her stand up and walks her into the kitchen, "I should be at 100% tomorrow, but I'll be really tired."

      Shigaraki looks up and rests his chin on my shoulder. I hear Ma turn the tap on and fill up a glass with water. Pa pulls out a chair and helps Ma into it, sitting down next to her.

     Tomura lifts his head off me and starts walking toward the dining room table. I follow suit, sitting in the seat beside him. We were still holding hands and, at least for me, still blushing terribly.

     An awkward silence fills the room as Ma focuses her quirk onto her injuries. I look down at my lap  and nervously run my thumb over Tomura's hand repeatedly.

     "So... do you have any questions?" I ask, looking into her eyes, "You were out the entire time we were getting you out of there, but I can answer any of your questions."

     Ma stays quiet for a bit and then takes a deep breath, "Did you kill him?"

     I open my mouth to answer, but look away and bite my tongue, " I don't know."