R: 'I don't know much about it but...Kinda changes my perspective on things about y/n as well, you know? Why would she cheat, with my best friend after 2 years of dating..'

A: 'I don't know but I'm sure that Mia would have the answers for that'

R: 'They were really close...'

A: 'Too close at times I guess...What's happening with you two anyways '

R: 'I don't really know...It was going somewhere...not sure where but it was but now, I guess not. She kinda fucked it up for the both of us''

We both sit there in silence for a little bit, thinking back to last night until we finish our juice at the same time.

R: 'Do you just... wanna go surfing?'

A: 'Yes please'

ALANNAH'S POV

I sat on the board as waves came and went underneath both of us.

R: 'OK, I'm gonna catch the next one'

A: 'Sure you are'

He gives me an annoyed look as I laugh and he starts to paddle with the wave, pushing himself on the board. He sways through the waves before diving off the board before it crashes into the shore. I cheer and scream as he emerges from the water and I start to paddle out from the next wave. I attempt to stand up but catch my foot and trip, falling into the water while Ruel laughs and claps.

R: 'Well done. Outstanding effort honestly'

I roll my eyes as we both paddle and then walk to the shore, grabbing our towels and walking up to my car where we attached the surfboards to the top of my jeep.

G1: 'Hey, Ruel, can we get a picture?'

R: 'Yeah, of course'

A: 'I'll take it' I smile at the fans as I take her phone and they all lineup, leaning on the fence with the beach behind them. 'Perfect' I take a couple of pictures of them all as the girl's smile and take back the phone

G2: 'Thanks so much'

G1: 'Sorry for interrupting' she says to me as I squeeze the water out of my hair

A: 'No, you're all good. It's fine' I smile at them as they wave goodbye and walk down to the beach. 'I love your fans, they're so nice'

R: 'Yeah, they're awesome. Wanna get lunch? Fish and Chips from Gary's?'

A: 'You seriously thought we thought we were going to go to the beach and not go to Gary's?'

Gary's was our go-to fish and chip cafe where when the whole group went to the beach we would buy lunch from there. We pretty much got lunch from there every day in the summer when us girls weren't at dance classes.

R: 'Still upset that y/n hated going in here' he says as the plastic sleeves hit me as I walked behind him

A: 'Yeah, she hated the smell of it, remember?'

FLASHBACK

I floated in the water with the group as y/n and Tilly tanned on the sand. I watched as Ruel took his bucket hat off, filling it with water and then running over to the girls, trying to avoid spilling the least amount of water as possible. The next thing I heard was screams from both Tilly and y/n and the loud laugh of Ruel as he got jumped on my y/n.

R: 'Got you' he laughed and y/n hugged his back like a koala bear to a tree

Y/N: 'I hate you but I'm hungry, can we get food now?'

We all yell in response as we run out of the water, grabbing towels and walking to Gary's. Y/n stops at the front of the shop, making all of us turn around.

Y/N: 'No. I refuse to go in there. It stinks like fish guts'

E: 'For god's sake y/n, it's a fucking fish and chips store'

Y/N: 'Ruel, can you get me an orange juice and chips?' she bites her lip, teasing him and I roll my eyes

R: 'You don't go in there, you don't get food' I smile as she rolls her eyes and slouches as she walks into the fish and chips shop.

PRESENT

I sat across from Ruel on the table bench outside as I split the battered fish in half and he picked at chips.

R: 'I like your necklace'

A: 'Oh, thanks. It was, um, y/n's actually. She gave it to me before your last show, she said it suited me'

R: 'Yeah, it's pretty. So I got offered to do Laneway this year'

A: 'Oh, and what did you say?'

R: 'Given the circumstances, I didn't think it was the appropriate time to perform at this year's laneway, but hopefully I will be ready next year back in the swing'

A: 'Did you quote that from the email'

R: 'Yeah, pretty much'

M: 'So you're not mad at her?' we both jump at Mia standing next to our table, her arms crossed across her chest.

A: 'What does he have to be mad at me about? I didn't know about the whole thing and kept it from him for almost 3 years'

M: 'I was talking about you, not to you'

A: 'Why are you mad at me? What did I do? You're in the wrong here'

R: 'Look Mia, I don't have to hang out with you every second. I'm allowed to have other friends'

M: 'I never said you couldn't' she says as I start to pack up the food, knowing where this was heading

R: 'Alright, well, see you 'round' he looks at her before we both get up and walk back to my Jeep

A: 'Um, I'm just gonna drop into Elliot's for a little bit if that's ok. It's just, I just need to talk to him...Maybe get some answers?' Ruel nods in response as he gets in the passenger seat.

RUEL'S POV

I watch as Alannah starts to walk back towards the car after Elliot's mum closes the door

R: 'He wasn't home?'

A: 'He hasn't been home since we hung out with him yesterday...They were about to file a missing person report'

R: 'Look, he's probably just-' I was interrupted by Alannah's phone ringing, seeing Mia's face come up on the screen.

A: 'Um, sorry, what?' she declines the call and does the same for the three times Mia tried to call her after that.

She pulls out onto the main road and starts to drive back towards my house when my phone vibrates with Mia's face on it.

R: 'What's up?' I put the phone on speaker.

M: 'Where are you guys?'

R: 'About to cross the bridge. Why?'

M: 'Sydney Day hospital. Now'

A: 'What? Why?'

M: 'Elliot's been in a car crash'