Chapter 5 - Resting

I forced myself to get up since I just can't spend the entire day in bed. Morgana looked at me.

"How are you feeling Ren?"

Morgana had been worried about me all night, sure he can be a little annoying at times but I can tell he cares. He's sure he's a human who lost his true self in the metaverse.

"Yeah, I can't stay in bed all day. " I said. "Besides, I think I've pretty much recovered."

I checked my phone. Ann was busy visiting her friend Shiho. Ryuji sent me a message though asking me to hang out with him for the day. So I texted him that I would meet up with him. He told me that he was at the arcade in Shibuya. I asked him the name of the arcade and he responded that it's called Gigolo Arcade. I changed clothes and left, I'll grab food with Ryuji.
Once I arrived to Central Street, I looked for the arcade. I finally found out and found Ryuji inside. He smiled waving at me.

"Hey man, how are you feeling?" Ryuji asked.

"Better, what are we going to do today?" I asked.

"Well since we have to wait till tomorrow to go send the calling card, why don't we train? Going through the palace I realized something man. I need to strengthen my leg with all that running we did. Don't want my leg giving out while we fight." he said smiling.

Ryuji's not a bad guy, a bit loud when he talks about things that either bothers him or makes him passionate.

"Definitely can't have that, and perhaps the training will help me too. First let's make sure we at least have food. I didn't get out of bed till Noon." I said.

"Did that persona drain you that much?" he asked stunned.

Morgana popped his head out of his bag.

"Will you be quiet Ryuji? We don't need unwanted attention." Morgana said.

"Crap, sorry!" he said. "But yeah, food sounds great right now."

We went to the diner on Central Street and ordered some food before I followed Ryuji to an area outside the school's practice building. We were both had gotten in our gym outfits.

"Alright dude, let's run around the school!" he said smiling.

"Alright." I said smiling.

We began to run around the school, after a while we stopped back at Ryuji's secret spot and took a break. Ryuji was taking deep breaths, I guess that since Kamoshida broke his leg some time ago he hadn't been running. Maybe his leg hurt or he couldn't face the others because of this.

"You okay Ryuji?" I asked.

"Yeah... Just really out of practice. My legs are all tight." Ryuji said before straightening up. Before Kamoshida came along, Track was the only thing the school had going for it."

I gave Ryuji a bottle of water and he took it.

"Kamoshida got our coach fired and subbed for our team. He gave us near impossible tasks to do and would add to them if we couldn't do them. He went after me really hard especially cause he knew I was the kind of guy that would stand up to him." he said before drinking the water.

"What happened?" I asked.

"It's just me and my mom, my dad left us."

Ryuji explained about his family and how Kamoshida brought up Ryuji's dad.

"So then you punched him?" I asked.

"Yeah, and he considers it self defense breaking my leg to the point that I had to wear a brace after my cast was removed. My mom wanted to sue the school for allowing Kamoshida to go that far. I could have lost my leg if he had done a lot worse. But she said nothing as the school told her it was self defense. She apologized to me for being a single mom." Ryuji said.