Chapter 45 - Okumura's Palace and Ren's New Skills

During the night, Morgana slept on me, he was so heavy. At least I know he didn't go hungry, maybe Haru fed him. In the morning, Haru, Futaba, and I were eating breakfast at Leblanc. Sojiro whispered to me.

"...Hey. What's going on here? You brought over another girl?" he asked.

"Please don't get any ideas." I said.

"That's not what I meant... Anyway, don't break her heart, all right?" he said before looking at Haru. "So, you found our cat, and even took care of it?"

"Oh, it wasn't a bother or anything." Haru replied.

"I'm the one who took care of you though." Morgana said.

Haru giggled relaxed.

"What's up? You seem happy." Futaba said.

"It's been a while since I've had a meal with so many people." She replied.

"Make sure you go home today before it gets too late, okay. I'm sure your parents are worried." Sojiro said.

From what we could tell, she had bruises from her fiancé. Seems all of us have our scars from events in our lives. Sojiro went back to the bar stand.

"It's fine if you don't wanna go home either, you know." Futaba said.

"No, I'll go home. If my father suspects something, it'll be more difficult to change his heart, wouldn't it?" She asked.

"You have a point, plus he might take legal action against us claiming we kidnapped you." I said.

"You're right, I wouldn't want that." Haru replied. "Oh, can we exchange contact info?"

"Of course." I said.

"You bet." Futaba said.

"I have so many questions to ask later." she said smiling.

Later on in the day, we learned Haru was coming over to talk about something. We waited for her, and once evening came, we were all gathered. Haru told us her father is going to make her live with that abusive fiancé of hers by October 11th. We have to make sure that doesn't happen at any cost. The deadline is the 10th of October. She left us a request before but at the time we didn't see it. This will be a tough fight.

"Oh Ren, can I ask you about your markings and those ears?" Haru asked. "Are they all over your body?"

"Not all over no." I said. "I should tell you though now that you're part of our team."

I explained everything to her and she listened.

"That's amazing but also scary." Haru said.

"Yeah, so we have to be careful." Makoto said. "I have sedatives in case he loses control."

"He's also had a nightmare three times." Yusuke said.

"Tomorrow, let's start the operation." I said.

Everyone nodded, we split for the night. The next day, I called everyone to the hideout. When we all were there, we went to the palace. Haru wanted to join us in battle but her persona was too weak at the moment. Once we were back to the room with that hologram and the biometric lock, we stopped.

"Hey, I was wonder about this last time. Is it a frisbe?" Ryuji asked.

"Looks like a hamburger bun to me. I mean, we're dealing with Big Bang Burger here." Futaba stated.

"I'm sure it'll become clearer as we proceed. Come on, let's go." Makoto said.

Thanks to Haru we were able to get past the biometric lock. Once we were in the next room We paused when Ryuji decided to talk.