Prologue - The Beginning

My name is Ren Amamiya, I am transferring to a new school due to my probation. I was accused of assaulting a man whom was drunk and the woman did as she was told. I had no one on my side. They say the evidence was overwhelming and my parents couldn't handle the stress that came with the falsified verdict. I was given probation, but now thanks to that... Never mind, no use thinking on this now, my train's about to stop at Shibuya. I grab my duffle bag and prepare to disembark.

Once I exit the station into Station Square, I start to head to the next area. But to find Youn-Gen, I had to look at my phone's map so that I wouldn't get lost. Taking a look at my phone, a weird eyeball app appeared and opened.

'What is this?' I thought. 'I can't get it to close.'

I sighed and that's when I noticed that time around me had slowed and came to stop. I looked around stunned when I saw before me a blue flame that formed into something. I saw my reflection inside the flame but that reflection had a cocky grin and golden eyes. But there was another flame that was behind me. A dark purple, almost black flame. In that one was another reflection of myself but that one looked enraged.

I can't lie about that not being disturbing. Time resumed and I thought to myself, what was that? Why were there two flames with different versions of me? I deleted the app and sighed.

"No point in mulling over it, I still need to find Sojiro Sakura's house." I muttered to myself.

I finally found my way and looked around. Should I ask for directions? I saw a police officer and decided to ask him for directions to Sojiro's house. But he was pretty rude so I decided to look for myself. I finally found his house but no one answered the doorbell. Was he out? I looked up when I heard a voice. There was a delivery guy.

"Guess Sakura-san is at his cafe."

"Do you know where his cafe is?" I asked.

"Oh do you need directions?"

I nodded and he told me where to find Cafe LeBlanc. I thanked him and went to the location. Upon finding the location I entered as a news report was talking about a bus going out of control. There was an old couple and a man doing a crossword puzzle. He looked at me.

"Oh right, they said that was today." the man said putting the newspaper.

The old couple thanked the man for the coffee and left making him sigh irritated.

"Four hours for just a single cup of joe." he said. "So you're the guy. I'm Sojiro Sakura, you'll be in my custody for the year."

"Yes sir." I said.

"I got the gist of your situation. You protected a woman from getting assaulted, the man got hurt and sued you getting you arrested." he said "You do understand what probation means yes? Do anything wrong and I'll throw you out."

I flinched at his words getting thrown out would mean that I would have nowhere to go and since I have very little money, I couldn't survive out there on the streets. So I have to be careful. We went upstairs and he told me the cafe attic would be my room for the year.

"Oh and it's on you to clean it up." he said going downstairs.

I looked around. The room is big but it's so very cluttered so I rolled up my sleeves and decided to start cleaning up this room since, after all, I'd be living in here. After a few hours, I got the room clean enough that was acceptable enough. I mean the book shelves and the desk were still covered in things but it was late and I was getting tired.

"What are you doing? You're making a lot of racket that I can hear from downstairs." Sojiro said.

He looked around at my room and seemed impressed that I actually cleaned up.