13: Why Did You 'George' Me?

Start from the beginning

Frank thought he'd be elated to see Ryan but the moment he heard the sound of his stupid Tesla, Frank was fucking furious all over again, his face heating up as he stood up and walked into the kitchen, plopping himself into one of the kitchen chairs with his arms folded. He seethed, listening to Ryan get out of the car and close the door. He listened to the sound of keys and doors unlocking, to the sound of the door opening and closing before Ryan appeared in the kitchen archway. Neither spoke for the longest of seconds, staring holes into each other with enough acid to burn through tungsten. How dare Ryan be angry with me right now, the latter thought to himself as he pursed his lips, sliding down into the kitchen chair, waiting to see who would break first in their stand-off.

"Hi." Ryan finally whispered, his usual soothing voice now icy and snipped, making Frank raise an eyebrow.

"Hello."

"You look tired," Ryan commented as he slid his satchel off from around his shoulder and set it down on the counter.

"Yeah," Frank replied simply, watching Ryan's every move, feeling his anger rise, even more, wanting only to whack his boyfriend with the nearest object available. The toaster. Frank eyed the appliance in question for a moment when he heard Ryan sigh out loud, his gaze jumped back to the latter.

"I can't fucking believe this." Ryan hit the top of the counter with his hand and Frank rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, well, believe it, Ross." Frank fiddled his tongue against the roof of his mouth, feeling the silver ball of his piercing trail over his palet.

"You know?" Ryan looked at Frank with genuine surprise and Frank sighed.

"Dude, of fucking course I know. Why wouldn't I?"

"Well, I just didn't expect them to tell you..." Ryan shrugged, "It isn't fucking fair!"

"Well, it fucking happened, Ryan!" Frank sighed out and Ryan let out a small whimper as he dropped into a chair across from his boyfriend, looking dejected.

"But..." Ryan whispered, "Why now?"

"Well, I don't fucking know, my dude," Frank rolled his eyes again, getting all the more irate, "Maybe because you told them?"

"What?" Ryan frowned in confusion and Frank scoffed, looking away, "I don't understand. What did I say?"

"You-" Frank froze, "You're kidding?"

"You think this is my fault?" Ryan asked outright, looking horrified as a hand came up to his chest.

"Who else's, asshole?" Frank asked and Ryan looked taken aback before he stood up and pulled his phone from his pocket, "What are you doing now?"

"I gotta phone them and ask if I said something to upset them." Ryan frowned as he scrolled through his phone.

"Upset them?" Frank straightened up in the chair, "What about me? You do realize-"

"I hope Steve and Wanda aren't too mad..." Ryan whispered and Frank paused.

"Steve and Wanda?" Frank asked with a heavy frown, "What do they have to..."

"It's their restaurant, Frank. Our restaurant." Ryan looked back at his phone, "I'm so fucking upset that they're closing down. I-I hope it's not because of me."

"The restaurant's closing..." Frank stated simply, more to himself than to Ryan, wanting all the more to grab the toaster. This is what has gotten Ryan so upset? The damn restaurant shutting down? Never mind his boyfriend getting fired because of his stupid actions, never mind pushing his boyfriend into unemployment, no. Their restaurant was going out of business.