Chapter Two

-Charlotte's Point Of View-

TWO WEEKS LATER

Today was the day that i had been waiting for since is was thirteen: the day of my interview with seventeen magazine. I hurriedly put on a white and black collared blouse, black skinny jeans, black heels, and a little black bow tie. I straightened my poofy blonde tresses and masked my feckles and numerous imperfections under ;ayers of liquid and powder. After applying false eyelashes and winging out my eyeliner, i coated my lips with red and threw my phone, laptop, ipod, headphones, keys, and wallelt into a large black purse. Elizabeth and Baylee were both already either at work or school so i had no one to say goodbye to. I stumbled out the dorr and through the dorm halls, tripping over my own two feet on the way to my car. Lottie Hattox, proffessional liability of gravity. I carefully got into the drivers seat, kicked off my heels, and turned on some music. I hit shuffle and Rock Me by One Direction came on. I drummed my fingers on the steering wheel and hummed along. After about 20 minutes of driving and jamming out to a wide variety of music, i finally reached the Seventeen office building. My stomach dropped as i realized that this interview was going to determine wheather or not i would have my dream job. Wheather or not i would have a real career, or if i was going to work at an overpirced clothing store and play music on the streets for the rest of my life. I swallowed hard and began wallking to the large glass double-doors of the building.

                                                                                *

"YOU GOT THE JOBBBBBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Elizabeth and Baylee yelled in perfect synchronization as soon as i set foot in our dorm. There were balloons carpeting the floor and a cake was sitting on our small coffee table. Well, this is what i get for texting them right after the interview. Dont get me wrong, i was over the moon that i got the editorial job, and what the girls did was really sweet. i just dont like being celebrated. After long hugs from both of my room mates, we all sat and talked about the interview whilst shoveling cake into our faces. "so, about that club...." Elizabeth half-mumbled. "Can't. I have work in the morning. Im doing my first celebrity interview, but i dont know who it is that im interviewing yet. no one would tell me", i responded. "OH MY GOD", Elizabeth yelled. "LIKE,YOU'RE INTERVIEWING A REAL FAMOUS PERSON?",Baylee yelled as well. "Yes. Like, a real famous person. I'll see ifthey can sign something for you or whatever. Like, if that's allowed..." I trailed off, too excited to talk. 

                                                                        *

  The three of us went to dinner to celebrate, and when we got home, we had a chick flick marathon and ate ice cream from the contanier. We all fell asleep on the couch about a third of the way through Mama Mia.

author's note: sorry this chapter sucks so much. the next one is gonna make up for it, i promise. please keep voting x