Chapter 6

First impressions

Back in the autumn forest, the same white feline walked through the trees with an owl that was mounted on his head, and his claws played with the feline's mane.

- Hey, stop playing with my mane - said the lion to the owl, who pulled a lock in response.

- Auch, stop that - the lion was annoyed with the game of the bird, but the truth, he felt very nice to be able to talk to someone, to have company, after so much time locked up, with only the visits of those lizards with wings, taking him out for more exams in his body.

He lived dreaming that at some point, he would be liberated and saved from that hell. But that miracle never came and hope was lost.

The lion returned to its five senses, after the owl flapped its wings and pulled more tufts of its mane.

- Aaagh, hey, that's enough... - as he looked at the front, he noticed that he might have fallen down a hill going downhill. Poor visibility and meditating on old memories were not a good combination for walking at night.

That... could have been an ugly fall. Thank you Ouru - the owl wakes the wings in answers.

The lion gave a short yawn, and then said - Well, I am tired, we must find a place where we can both sleep.

The owl left the lion's head and flew to the high branch of one of the trees.

- Ehm.. A little help, right? - the owl didn't move.

- I'll take that as a "no" - he frowned.

The lion stared at the tree where the owl rested and then decided that it was better to sleep on the heights considering that he does not know what kind of creatures come out at night.

Already decided. The lion stood next to the trunk of the tree and began to climb it using its claws.

- I'm lucky I won't cut off my claws for a long time - said the lion, who climbed up slowly to the branch where his fellow owl was.

- Hello again - said the lion to the owl. - are you planning to stay here?

- Hoo - ululate in response the owl.

- Well, it's your decision. I will take a break, but on another branch, as this is not very comfortable.

The lion climbed to the top of the tree and found a small space that he could use to rest. - Perfect - the lion lay down on the trunk as he sat among some branches of the orange tree on which he climbed.

Hanging his sword from a branch. And for a few moments he stared at the stars.

- The first night I saw after three years.

- The sky is the same here as in Chima... - little memories started to emerge but the lion banged his head against the trunk trying to block them.

- I will not be so deluded to miss him. I must leave them behind - the lion coats himself in his own clothes and arranges to sleep in the top of that tree under the lights of the night.

.
.
.
.
.
.

The next morning a cougar would wake up with the sound of the leaves crashing against each other and the water following its flow. The cougar began to rearrange herself when she turned her body to the right and saw a white feline in dark clothing sleeping next to her.

- Aaaah - a cry of surprise from the cougar who was looking for her swords
.
.
.
.

The white-coated lion slept with slight discomfort in the top of the tree until a deafening cry woke him up.
This cry left him so disoriented that without fixing it he turned abruptly and ended up falling from the cup.