Chapter 4

A short "Goodbye"

"Where have I felt this? , I know it's a familiar thing but what is it?"

The white lion was still receiving the hug from that woman. He was trying to find out who or what she was. And because it made her feel so comfortable with a simple hug, being unknown yet somehow known to him.

The silvery feathered female broke her embrace with the feline and began to run a hand through her cheek.

The lion remained static before the movements of the female. Then I hear her say: - Oh, Laval, it must not have been easy to change in such an atrocious way. No one deserves it - the woman spoke with regret in a warm, motherly tone.

The lion was shocked by the words of the female -  How does she know they call me that?... And she know what happened to me?

The lion looked up at the woman's face, who gave him a faint smile. There was something in his expression that conveyed love but also sadness.

-Don't worry, I know you have many questions about this. And I'm afraid I'm not going to solve your doubts. But remember this... - the lion approached the female and looked at her with an expression of interest - now, your life is not only yours.

- What? - the lion was even more confused than before.

The woman started to move away from the lion and then the lion reacted and started to walk towards her to catch up with her.

- Wait!!, What does that mean?, Don't leave!! - a part of the lion screamed desperately to keep the woman from leaving - who are you? - the lion screams at the female, waiting for an answer.

- I am Kilith- those were the only words he said. Then the woman put her hand behind her and drew a gun with which she aimed herself. The lion trembled at the woman's action because it was obvious what was next.

- No!! Wait!!

Without listening to the lion's pleas, the woman pulled the trigger.

The lion heard the shot and the woman disappeared. Only a second later the lion felt a pain that went from his jaw to the back of his skull.

This pain was so strong, that in the end the feline fell back on the rock floor by the river.

Then a blue butterfly landed on the cat's left hand and then took flight again.

Meanwhile, a small creature in the top of a tree was observing the feline's scene. The creature stood still looking at the unconscious feline from its branch with its 2 big eyes. His right eye was golden and chocolate brown, while his left eye was black and her tail glowing with a very noticeable scarlet.

The little creature raised its 2 brown wings, showing it was an owl and flew to where the unconscious lion was. The owl tilted its head while ululating around the lion's body.

 The owl tilted its head while ululating around the lion's body