Chapter 21: Betrayed Once Again

-Amara-

I walk into the library and sit next to Sam, confused by Colby not being here. Colby never misses school. "Hey, where's Colby?" I ask him. He lifts his eyes up, I can see the worried emotion on his face.

"Amara, we need to talk about Colby."

My heart skips a beat. Is he okay?

"Yeah, sure." I say and give him my full attention.

He rubs his face, as if he's trying to find a way to tell me what's wrong.

"Look, I just want you to know that you still have all of us," He puts his hand on mine as my eyes water.

He's doesn't want to be a part of his life anymore. He abandoned Cain, and me.

"Sam, he's not-" I feel my chest because heavy with anxiety, "He told me today that he didn't want to be a father." My tears fall as I stand up quickly and grab my things, scooting my chair in. "Amara, wait." Sam calls as I walk away.

I can't go through this again. I just need time to think by myself. I just need to be alone.

I walk out of one of the doors to the school, not even caring about checking myself out.

As I walk to my car I glance and see Colby's, he's sitting in his staring at me. I cry harder and look away, getting into my car hurriedly. I immediately break down in my seat, clenching the wheel as the tears fall.

Why does he have to do this to me? He promised me he wanted to be there. He promised he wouldn't leave Cain. My baby doesn't deserve to lose his father. It may be hard on me too, but to think that my son won't ever have those moments with his father is heartbreaking.

I wipe my face, rubbing my nose on my shirt sleeve. I start my car and begin my way home. My whole family is gone at work and school, so I have no need to worry about getting caught skipping.

When I arrive at my house I hurry in and go to my room. I stand still for a moment, reconsidering how my life and my sons life is about to play out. He won't have his father, I won't have Colby. Why does Colby have to change his mind so much? He said he had things figured out and that he didn't want to leave his baby without a dad, but now he isn't ready? After being by my side for weeks, allowing me to feel hopeful, he's not ready? How can he do this?

I sit on my floor, holding my chest as I cry. I hate this. I hate what my life has came to. I'm an idiot to trust him. I'm an idiot to be comfortable enough to show him my body. He took my innocence right out from under me. He made me feel special then made me feel like an object. He's not ready to be a father. He's not mature enough to understand the love you need to raise a child.

I look at myself in the mirror, rubbing the tears off my face. I try to breathe, to calm myself down. However, all I see is a lonely, incredibly scared girl. A teenager who's not ready to be a mother.