"You wanna head back to the concert or leave?" Alicia asks me.

"Let's head back, can't let our tickets go to waste." I say pulling her with me, back to the stage area.

At the end of the concert, Keith sent this bodyguard to ask Alicia and I if we wanted to hang out with him. We said yes, obviously. Alicia and I met Keith's whole crew and we took some pictures too. Alicia and I had to head home because it was getting late. Before I left, Keith gave me his number and I gave him mine. It's not like he'll call me anyway.

André parks the car in the driveway and Alicia and I get down. We head into the house and Alicia goes up the stairs immediately and I trail behind her.

"What a night." I think to myself

***

"I can't believe you're leaving already." I pout as I help Alicia pack.

"And it's off to college from here." Alicia says as she zips her backpack.

"I hate you." I tell her with a frown on my face.

"I love you more, Vee." She says, ruffling my hair.

"Get off me." I shove her playfully.

"It literally feels so surreal. I'm going off to college. Just a year ago, I was going shopping for senior year with Riley." She says, shaking her head before she laughs.

"By the way, how is she?" I ask her.

I haven't seen Riley Stewart since the tenth grade.

Riley, Alicia, and I were all best friends. When I moved away Riley and I stopped talking for some reason.

"She's good. She got into Howard University." Alicia tells me.

"Well, that's great." I say, happy at the fact that she even got into college because Riley was a party girl who hardly cracked open her books.

"All done." I tell Alicia as I zip up her suitcase.

"I'm gonna miss you." Alicia tells me as she pulls me in for a hug.

"I'm going to miss you too, Al." I say, patting her back.

We pull away from each other and I help Alicia roll her suitcase out of the room.

The drive to the airport is long and slow. We're currently stuck in a traffic jam.

"I really don't understand why there are so many cars on the road. This town is literally so small." I say, leaning into my seat.

"It's going to take forever before we reach the airport." Alicia complains.

"I have an idea." I tell her and she just stares at me wondering what I'm cooking up in my head.

I open my door and get out of the car which causes a lot of people to blare their horns at me.

"Oh, fight me." I say, sticking my tongue out at them.

I walk over to the trunk and I open it. I take out Alicia's backpack and suitcase and I sling her backpack over my shoulder.

"What are you doing?" Alicia asks me with wild eyes.

"We're going to get you to the airport." I tell her.

"How? There's miles of traffic." She says, rolling her eyes at me.

"And there's also a motorcycle over there." I tell her and she looks across the street, staring at the black motorcycle that's parked on the sidewalk.

"Can you even drive that thing?" She asks me as I walk towards it.

"Watch me." I tell her.

I place Alicia's suitcase on the back of the motorcycle, securing it tightly with some rope that I found.

Okay, I didn't find the rope, I took the leash off a dog that was tied to a tree. It ran away after that, but that goes to show you that animals shouldn't be chained in the first place.

Alicia just stares at me, stunned.

"Get over here. Your flight leaves in thirty minutes." I yell at her as I turn in the motorcycle.

Alicia walks towards me and climbs the motorcycle, sitting behind me.

"How did you even get the keys?" She asks me.

"They were tied to it." I say shrugging. "And don't worry I'll return it as soon as I drop you off." I add.

"You're crazy." Alicia tells me.

I start driving at a reasonable speed before speeding up.

"Slow down." Alicia yelled in my ear.

"Do you want to get there fast or not?" I ask her and she keeps quiet.

Thought so?

Ten minutes later, I pull over in front of the airport.

"Thank God we didn't die." Alicia sighs in relief as I turn off the motorcycle.

"Why did you think we'd die?" I ask her, chuckling as I get down from the motorcycle. Alicia does the same.

"You almost hit a truck on the way here." She says, yelling at me.

"And?" I ask her, folding my arms. "We're here now aren't we? So, you're welcome." I tell her as I untie her suitcase from the back of the motorcycle.

"Thanks." She says as she collects her suitcase from me and starts rolling it towards the entrance of the airport.

I stand beside the motorcycle, watching her walk away.

"Aren't you coming?" She asks me, turning back.

I shake my head.

"I can't." I say with tears in my eyes. "I can't see you walk away, knowing that I'm not gonna see you for a whole year or more." I say, wiping my wet eyes.

"Oh, Vee." Alicia says with a sad face. She rushes over to me and envelopes me in a warm hug. I cry into her shoulder, ruining her shirt.

I'm really going to miss her.

"It'll be fine, Val." She tells me.

"No, it won't." I say, wiping my nose with my hand.

"It will. I'll try and visit you, I promise." She assures me.

"That's what you'll say till we're six months into college and we're surrounded by new people and we forget about each other because we'll be too busy living our new lives." I say, tucking my hand in the back pockets of my jeans.

"That's not gonna happen. You're stuck with me." She says, hugging me again before she pulls away.

"Go forth, my child." I tell her as she starts rolling her suitcase towards the entrance.

"I'll see you later, Vee." She says, waving me goodbye.

I wave back at her and she flashes me a small smile. And with that she enters the airport, catching a flight to her new life.

I drive back to where I left Andrè. I return the motorcycle back to the sidewalk I found it on. I tie the leash back on the tree. The traffic was completely cleared out when I got back to where I left Andrè. I get inside the car and Andrè drives off. I can't believe I pulled that off.

The things we do for love.

I take out my phone from my purse and I scroll through Instagram and I see a picture of Zachary and Sierra at the theme park.

He captioned it "Hers." And she replied under the post with "Mine." with a heart emoji.

So, they've made it Instagram official now?

This is about to be good. I'm gonna grab my popcorn as I watch this crash and burn. And no, I'm not, bitter I'm just waiting for history to repeat itself.

The moment Andrè pulls into the driveway, I hop out of the car literally running towards the door. I need to get some sleep. I head upstairs and I fall flat on my face as I open my door. I don't even know if I tripped on something but I'm too lazy to stand up. I just fall asleep on the wooden floor.