"He said things about me," she muttered. "He always does, Liam, but I know I didn't invent-"

The rest of the words never left Sky's mouth. I sat on the cold tiles next to her until she could drink a glass of water without throwing it up, all the while trying to shove the memories of my dad's drinking to the back of my mind and reminding myself that it wasn't the same.

"I'm better now," I heard Sky whisper as she looked at me and tried to get up without much success.

"I'll help you," I said, rising from the floor and pulling Sky up.

She managed to brush her teeth. Undressing was a different story.

When we were in Sky's bedroom, she was on the verge of passing out. Trying my hardest not to let my eyes linger on any part of her anatomy in particular, I unzipped her dress and took it off her, leaving Sky in her underwear. Immediately, I whipped off my tee and put it on the girl who was already lying on the bed with her eyes closed.

Going to my room would be the sensible thing to do. What I did instead was opening the comforter and making sure Sky was comfortable before lying down beside her in nothing but a pair of boxers and pulling her to me.

I wanted to be close to her in case she didn't feel well. At least, that was the excuse I came up with to justify why I was going to spend the night in her bed.

Partly, it would be true. I did worry. It wasn't like Sky to get this drunk. That, and the questionable quality of the liquor she consumed might, in fact, make her sick again. If that happened, I wanted to take care of her.

Sky snuggled into my chest and moved one of her legs so that it touched mine. The heat of her body was driving me crazy. It would be a long night for me.

I caressed Sky's back, careful not to touch her bare skin. She let out a small moan, burying her face in the crook of my neck.

My hand glided over her tee again. Once more, she reacted to my innocent touch in the same way, which made me wonder if she had told the truth earlier. Was that asshole so selfish that he never gave her what she needed? Was she insecure because of that? It would be ridiculous. If he was awful in bed, it wasn't Sky's fault.

One thing was clear- I couldn't bring up any of the things she said while being drunk. It would make her mortified, and that would be the opposite of what I wanted to achieve.

I would spend the day with Sky while Tim was at his friend's, just the two of us. Hopefully, it would be enough for her to trust me a little more- enough to answer some of my questions.

 Hopefully, it would be enough for her to trust me a little more- enough to answer some of my questions

Something warm was in bed with me. A sudden flash of panic made my eyes flare. I closed them again when I saw that the arm on my waist belonged to Liam. As did something else, pressed to my butt.

Feeling the blush creep up my cheeks, I tried to recall how we ended up in bed together. I wasn't naked, which was a good sign. Frowning, I examined the shirt I had on me. It wasn't mine. The faint trace of the perfume on the soft fabric told me who the owner was.