13) Meri Behna? It was an accident

Start from the beginning

It was my fault Janvi was here and everyone would blame me, because I pushed my sister. I pushed her down the stairs. I pushed my sister to her death.

But it was a mistake

_

Everything happened really fast. After that party, heartbroken and disgusted by what I had seen, I drove home, alone as Janvi must've rode a cab home with Samar.

She immediately confronted me when we were about to enter the house and I rushed upstairs not really wanting to talk.

How dare she?

However, when we were upstairs, things heated and all I really wanted from Janvi was to give me some space, but somehow I pushed her and her leg slipped and before we could comprehend the situation, she was falling down and hit her head on the stairs as she tumbled.

My heart literally stopped beating for that two seconds and I rushed to see her, my screams and hers had brought everyone out as the moment we saw a splash of blood oozing from her forehead, we all ran to the hospital.

When on the way to the hospital, I narrated the entire incident to Nanu,  dad, who held the unconscious Janvi, and Veer who drove the car as dad just kept crying and hoping to reach the hospital soon.

I couldn't cry. I just couldn't. Even though I really wanted to. My tears weren't going to betray me, they won't but my heart was getting heavier by the moment, just waiting when Janvi would open her eyes and I'd hug her.

It was five in the morning now, the doctors had said that there was thankfully no internal bleeding and the reports were normal, but however, Janvi still remained still and until she's up, there was a serious chance of her being suffering a concussion.

As soon as my dad heard that Janvi wasn't suffering internally bleeding, he immediately made sure to get Janvi back home, and bought all the necessary staff and equipment up in the house.

I don't know why, but dad put Janvi in my room, and it was a good thing Janvi's room had all the boxes and albums, and that Janvi would be constantly under my eyes.

Right now, unconscious and heavily medicated Janvi lay on my bed, her bleeding had been properly bandaged and two nurses alongwith one doctor was here with us in the room, and of course the entire family. They had cut her long hair during the examination process and I swear, that would make her even more sad.

I stood afar, watching my sister being injected with saline and few more injections. Everytime she would get sick, a part of me would get sick. Every time they'd inject her, I'd feel that pain. And right now, all I felt was how terrible sister I was, causing everything that happened, to someone who already suffered so much in her life.

Tears were threatening to fall from my eyes, and before Janvi's troubled face would worry me more, I stepped down to make some tea for everyone. All of them were worried sick, and none of them slept a wink, waiting when their daughter would get up.

The cook insisted to help me but I refrained and busied myself to make tea for everyone. But I was sure, until and unless Janvi didn't get up, no one would eat anything.

The sky changed its colour from black to lightest shade of blue and while all the family members were downstairs, only dad stayed up with Janvi. Everyone reluctantly took the tea cup because I insisted and touched my cheek, giving me sympathy.

Like they knew how I was hurting more than my unconscious sister.

'Kyu? Kyu beeji?' Nani asked, helplessness evident in her voice, as she looked at badi beeji, 'Kyu meri Janvi ke saath sab kharab hota hai?'