chapter 17❤

So today is the day I can finally take her home. I've been waiting for this day forever and thought of making it special.

Through my boyhood, I've been a ever-focused kid who had only one target and that was success, in every way possible. When I was 15, I realised my mother hardly ever ate. I understood the situation and took it seriously. No, I didn't regret being born into a poor family but the thing was I never accepted being poor forever. I thrived for success. When everyone around me was partying, enjoying adolescence, I was working two jobs besides studying. And gradually it started paying back. At the age of 23, I had every possible necessity and more. I had my company topping the list of business. Even then, I never stopped working. I worked with the intention to make tomorrow even better, for me and for those who wanted but couldn't.

In this phase of my life, I never gave a room to affection. In my childhood, I witnessed my parents fighting like wild animals and my mother being an hardcore addict. She wouldn't stop taking drugs. My father was fed up with her, and her neglecting nature towards me. One day, I remember, she was out of control and father was out for work and she took a broken piece of glass and scratched all over my body. I was bleeding, crying for help. But no one came nor she stopped. When my father arrived, my vision was fading away, but I could understand him panicking and taking me to the hospital.

When I recovered, I got to know my mother has committed suicide and died. However she was, was my mother afterall, and I missed her being a kid. Then one day my father came home with a woman with the kindest eyes I've ever seen, I remember her saying hello to me and giving me a present. Then they got married and I was more than happy for them. She became the real mother to me and never had a kid of her own cause she considered me to be hers.

I struggled hard and I could proudly say that I was a self-made billionaire. Looking at my past made me feel strong about my present but now it was different. I felt vulnerable around Hritika. I didn't even want to marry her but here I was, slowly falling for her.

She too had a past, as bad as mine, even worse. She was, too, standing on the peak of success of healthcare domain. She's beautiful, strong and independent, a woman who inspires others including me. Her nature  sweet, caring, loving, and yeah sometimes she gets angry and I can't blame her but my actions.

Recently, I've had a strong feeling that I like her, and I want it to be mutual. And now I think it IS mutual. Mom says she loves me, that she wouldn't take the bullet if she wouldn't love me. I want to believe that. I want that to be true. I want her. I need her.

"Goodmorning sir, everything you asked for has been arranged." My assistant's voice interrupted my thoughts. I didn't realise how long it's been since I'm sitting here.

"Uh- okay. Thank you. I'd appreciate if you check everything out. I don't want any mistakes."

"Sure, sir."

As she left, I completed all the procedures for taking her home. I went to her cabin.

She was sitting on the hospital bed, all ready to go home.

"Good morning" I said.

"Good morning!! Let's go! I can't wait anymore!" Said an enthusiastic Hritika.

I laughed "yeah yeah c'mon, even I can't wait to take you home."

I gave her my hand and she took it. With our hands intertwined, we walked out of the hospital and got her into the car.

I really can't wait till her to see my surprise.

(A/n) Hey lovely readers! Hope you're well! Stay happy and spread happiness!

Vote

Comment.