chapter 11❤

The evening was work loaded too. They woke up to great weather and Hritika felt greatly motivated to complete work.

She sat by the balcony while Aarav chose the hall room.

She heard Aarav yelling, she slowly walked inside the suite.

Aarav was shouting to the phone.

"How the hell did you not get it!? We had great plans for the architecture and it was such a huge deal"

"Consider yourselves fired."

Aarav was panting in anger.

Hritika poured him some water and advanced it to him.

He took it with a curt nod.

"What is wrong? Are you okay?"

"I'm sorry, couldn't help my anger."

"Yeah but why?"

"I couldn't be at the meeting because of this. And my business opponent didn't even let the Indonesian personnel reach the conference! How could my employees not be alert enough! It was a very important deal!"

He sat on the sofa with a huff, Hritika did the same beside him.

Hritika held his palm in hers and looked at him in the eye "So should we go drown in the sea, now?"

"What?"

"No? Fan won't be able to take your load."

"What are you talking about?"

"Mr. Malhotra, shits happen. You have lost deals before right?"

"Yes but they mislead the personnels! Their rivalry is simply outrageous!"

"Too competitive. Is his surname Sharma?"

Aarav let out a small laugh "no"

"Too bad, would suit them"

Aarav scooted more towards her as he put his arm around her.

She laid her head on his shoulders.

"Right now can you do something about it?" She asked.

"No, they have secured it."

"Then, let it pass. Why worry? I am sure you will get better deals."

"Mhm, I'll try to keep it off mind."

"Do you wanna take a walk outside?"

"Right now?"

"Right now."

"Weren't you working? You don't have to-"

"I want to!"

They both left for the hotel's garden. It was huge with a heartwarming scenery,  the plants were extraordinarily beautiful. The sun had set, and the sky looked like....it was made for honeymoons.

They walked and talked about, well, business! They talked passionately about stalk markets, economy, Healthcare, ugh. But even though their subjects weren't as romantic as Pablo Neruda's poems would be, but their chemistry was stronger than dipole-dipole interactions.

They sat facing the sea, the hair making her hair fly onto his face, without complaints he laughed– without complaints he loved.

As the night fell deeper, Hritika felt cold. The breeze from the beach was making her Indian soul shiver.

"Do you need my jacket?"

"Er, no, I am fine!"

"You are cold, Hritika"