90

Royally Screwed

#90

●●●

#ISTANWOMENEMPOWERMENT

●●●

Play the Canon in D (a piano and cello version)

Video provided above

●●●

"Javion, s-stop," Stella was giggling when Javion was trying to kiss her. Javion sneaked out from the meeting hall - just to see her. It was already nine in the evening - at hindi pa rin ito natatapos sa meeting nito with the parliament and of course, with his father, the King. Sa tingin nga niya ay isang seryoso diskusyon ang ginagawa ng mga ito.

She texted Javi earlier that they need to talk about something. She didn't expect that he would sneak out that easily.

Javi stopped and held her hand, "Okay, okay. You texted me, is there something wrong?" His voice suddenly became worried. They are currently inside the leisure room of the west wing of the palace. Silang dalawa lang mga tao doon.

She shook her head, "No. Everything is okay."

"Then why?"

She took a deep breath, gathering all her courage during that night, "Pangga, I'm going back to the Philippines," She finally said, biting her lip.

Napakunot-noo naman ito.

"Are... you not happy here?"

"No, I am happy, Javion, I am so happy," Hinawakan niya ang magkabilang pisngi nito, "I am happy that I got to meet your family and I got to learn your life here in Morocco. I am happy that we're together again. I am happy that I'm with you but... I just couldn't see myself living here permanently... and be a Queen."

Hindi naman ito nakapagsalita matapos ang sinabi niya. He looked like he was in pain. Umatras naman ito. Then Javion walked towards the mahogany office table, he crossed his arms as he leaned his back into it.

"Earlier, nagmeeting kami kanina," He started, sighing, "Baba is retiring tomorrow. They're discussing about me accessing the throne."

"You're going to be a King now?" She replied, almost a whisper.

Javion nodded and shrugged, "Technically. But the formal coronation will be held next year."

Natahimik naman bigla ang paligid nila.

"You're going to be a great king," Stella suddenly commented. He will. Kamiro Javion is kind, patient... funny and understanding... he'll make a good leader.

Javion gave her a tight smile, "I wouldn't be a great king without my queen."

Stella felt a pang on her chest after what he said, she bit her lip again, "Javion... I want to be a lawyer in the Philippines. I want to help my own country. I want to make a difference... but not here. I think I'd make a lot of difference in our justice system in the Philippines. And you... you're meant to be a King here and create great things for Morocco. But I won't... Because I don't belong here."

She promised herself, she'll work and study hard to ace the bar exam - and she'll use that for good causes. She's now even thinking to start an organization for abused women and children - especially those rape victims who are afraid to speak out due to the misogynistic justice system of the Philippines.

"I know... Even before I came into your life, that's already your goal... and I will support you for it, I won't stop you, pangga, I am forever going to be your number one supporter, you know that," Javion told her softly. Gusto naman niyang maiyak dahil sa sinabi nito.

She is so lucky to have Kamiro Javion.

She is so lucky that a man like him loves her so much.

She felt her tears coming from her eyes.

"Does this mean we're breaking up?" She asked, her voice trembling.

"Do you want to?" He asked and she knows he was breaking too. His voice was also shaking.

"I don't know... but we're going to be separated indefinitely," She replied honestly, "And I'll be much probably staying in the Philippines."

If that will happen, she will never regret she once loved a prince... it'll be forever her most favorite memory in her life.

"If this will make you happy," He took a deep breath and tried to smile, "Then it's a mutual decision... to break up."

She finally cried, she immediately ran towards Javion to hug him. He hugged her back as well, holding her closer to him.

"I love you," He said and she knew he was already sobbing, "I'll miss you..."

"I know," She replied, closing her eyes, sniffing into his neck. Tears still flowing from her eyes, "Thank you so much, Javion."

To his future wife, she wished she will give Javion the love that he deserves.

●●●

Again, I want to stan all the empowered women out there, never stop chasing your dreams and be the woman you aspire to be. Be it a lawyer, a doctor, an accountant, an engineer, a teacher or whatever career that you dream of.

The world needs a woman like you.

#ISTANWOMENEMPOWERMENT