3.6) Persecution

Start bij het begin

Mike groaned as he regained consciousness and his focus. The sirens were approaching closer and closer. He got out through the window and ran to the forest. He ran as fast as he could as the officers got down from their cars and surrounded the cab. Others went after him, but Mike was already out of their sight.

꧁⚠︎︎꧂

Adelaide cursed repeatedly as she drove. It was her first time driving a car in almost ten years.

She stopped a few miles outside of DC, she wanted to check the USB Lucas gave her with all the evidence. She turned on her laptop and plugged it in. A few things appeared on the screen, but it wasn't what she wanted, so she kept typing and clicking until she found a hidden-encrypted document.

- Salient Global

- United States, Virginia

- Private Military Company

- Founded by former Army Ranger Wade Jennings

- Operation Queen's Lake

- President Allan Trumbull

- Adelaide Asher

- Mike Banning

- Renegade607

- United States Government

All that information appeared in the screen. She was shocked that Salient Global was behind the attack, but specially because it was Wade Jennings who planned everything. She was confused about 'Renegade697', she has no idea what that code stands for.

Then, she remembered. Back at the White House, in her office, the documents Lucas gave her about the private contract companies the president refused to collaborate with.

"Son of a bitch," she muttered angrily.

Finding out everything took her half an hour, she was surprised by how long it took to download everything. She wanted to send all the information to the FBI, but if she did that, she would be compromising her location, and she didn't want that, she needed to find Mike. Right when she got a location she wrote it down in a piece of paper in case something happened to her phone.

Suddenly, a car parked right behind her. She cursed and quickly took the USB out of the laptop and put it in her jacket's pocket along with the paper that had the location. She charged her gun before putting it in the back of her pants, hidden under her jacket.

Armed men got out of the car and ran to her side. She sighed and raised her hands in surrender.

"Get out of the car!" He yelled at her, and she obeyed him. "Move! Now!"

She slowly got out of the car and closed the door. One of the men ordered her to put her hands behind her back to restrain her. Adelaide just smirked and did as he said. Big mistake.

Once the man got closer enough, she pointed the gun at him and shot him right between the eyes. Before he could fall on the ground, Adelaide grabbed him and used him as shield from the other men who pointed their guns at her.

"Drop the gun!" Another man yelled.

"Seriously guys, are you supposed to be professional?" She scoffed, trying to distract them as she counted how many men were left standing, exactly four. "Well, you've got a lot to learn."

She raised her gun and shot three times at one of the men who immediately fell dead on the floor. Adelaide let go of the dead man she was using as shield and quickly threw her body on top of the car and landed on the other side as the men began shooting at her. One of them went to her side, but she shot him until he fell on the ground dead.