i'll be watching/missing you or whatever the fuck that song is called...

Start from the beginning

meanwhile michelle needed peter to get his shit together for her plan to work. he had to be at the front of the school at the end of the day, which meant no being late to class and getting detention. she motioned for peter to follow her to algebra, practically booking it through the halls, and almost being tripped by flash.
they finally made it into their seats mere seconds before the bell rang.

peter and mj were practically hyperventilating, as their strict teacher, mr. tozier walked into the class.

(yes it's a reference, don't mind it.)

"alright everyone get out your homework, we've got lots to cover and not a lot of time to cover it so let's get going!" he said, his somewhat high voice booming through the classroom.

everyone began passing their papers to the front, when mj realized she took a seat next to betty.

"hey mj." she said with a smile, still wary of mr. tozier hearing them.

"hey betty." she said back, passing her and a few other kids behind her's papers to the next kid in front.

"so, we're still doing the plan today right?" betty whispered, hoping to not catch the attention of a certain brown haired boy on the other side of mj.

"if he can keep his head in the game." michelle said sarcastically, causing betty to laugh.

meanwhile on michelle's other side, peter was freaking out. super hearing could be both a blessing and a curse at times. 'what were mj and betty talking about? was it about me?!' these thoughts swirled around aimlessly in peter's head, even past the ringing of the bell.

peter shuffled off to his next class, meanwhile mj and betty were setting up preparations while simultaneously doing english in the library.

"so, the balloons shoot out after the confetti?" betty asked, writing down a few calculations. betty decided to make a trade with mj. since her schedule was so busy being the new president of the homecoming committee, she asked mj to convert all the plans she had written down into an online document to send to the rest of the group, which took a huge weight off of betty's shoulders.

in return, michelle asked betty to help her ask peter to homecoming.

"yep, then i come out with the sign." michelle said, a little hint of nervousness laced into her words. she had to admit that she had no idea how peter felt about her, so there wasn't a guaranteed 'yes' from this plan.

"great! ill make sure everything is set up, you've just gotta make sure that peter is there at 3:30." betty said, before grabbing her stuff and leaving the library. and as michelle turned she could hear what sounded like a teacher giving a student detention. she looked down the corner only to see how peter getting detention, for being out of class.

shit.

(time skip to 3:25, detention has started.)

peter said bored in the classroom, fiddling with his pencil. if that random guy hadn't stolen from the deli, he wouldn't be in detention.
at least he got a free sandwich out of it anyway.

he figured all hope was list for the next hour until mj walked through the door, causing peter to be both flustered and confused. "why is she here?" peter pondered as mj made her way up to the desk of the teacher watching me, mr. james.

"hey mr.james!" mj greeted, handing him a brown-bag. "why hello michelle!" he said. peter was quite confused. do these two know each other?

"4 muffins? i usually get 2..." he trailed off, before realization, then looked back up to mj. "alright what do you need?"

she smirked, before simply saying, "ive gotta borrow parker over there for about 5 minutes. is that alright?" michelle asked.

mr. james held a skeptical look on his face. he took a look to peter, than to mj. "alright fine, but if i get caught, ill need to be seeing a lot more of these muffins." he said, before taking on of the bag.

mj motioned for peter to follow her, before having him stand on a red x, planted strategically on the ground.

peter, while confused as all hell, stood there anyways, since it was either a random red x or detention. she then ran off, as peter heard the loud noise of a sparkler. he looked over to see bounds of confetti, balloons and rose petals raining in the sky. as the rose petal rain diminished, there stood mj with a big sign that read: let's go to homecoming, loser.

peter was shocked, which is saying something because it seems like everyday something new surprises him. he stood there, wide-eyed and surprised, michelle awaiting his answer.

"s-sure." peter stuttered out, but the huge goofy grin on his face said everything that was needed.

michelle should know, because she had the exact same goofy grin plastered on her face.

(hey guys wasgoooooood. so i dont have a lot to say rn, but i hope that my readers are doing well :> im very grateful for all of you and i love you all! anyways see you next chapter.)