you'll be in my mind...

Sophia Lillis as Payton Karson

Michelle began her walk to the library as soon as the bell rang, signaling the end of the day for all Midtown students. She walked the brisk streets of Queens, to the local library. She stepped into the library, and as per usual, she saw no familiar faces from her school.

"how the hell did some of them even get in" Michelle often thought, as it was supposed to be a school for the gifted, though it seemed like nobody ever studied at all. A true anomaly in her eyes.

She walked through the large and quiet library. The library had five floors, and was a common meeting place for all walks of life in the community. You'd even see some kids from the public school in Brooklyn.

She walked through the library, waving hello to the librarian, as she found a table in the science section. Soon, a red-haired girl found herself walking through the science section, before making her way to Michelle's desolate table.
"Mind if I sit?" She asked, her voice light and sweet. Michelle looked up, before shaking her head no. She bared a small smile, before sitting her bag on the ground next to her seat.

She grabbed a small notebook and began to write inside of it. "So, Midtown?" She asked, not even looking up from her writing. This, of course, caught Michelle completely off guard. Maybe she goes to Midtown too, or has seen me around?

"Uhm yeah. Do you go there to?" Michelle asked, trying to hide her slight shock, before calming down a little bit. The girl laughed, before shaking her head. "No, I go to Meadow Ridge." She said, her smile a tad bigger as she looked back to her notebook.

Michelle was confused now. As far as she knew, Meadow Ridge was in Scarsdale, 23 miles away. And all the schools end at around the same time, so how did she get here so fast?

All these questions circulated through her mind, before the girl laughed again. "My brother drove me here, and the roads were clear." She said, causing Michelle to lowkey flip her shit.

Did she just read my mind?! "Of course I did, silly." She said, looking back up to Michelle. "Holy Shit." Michelle whispered out. "If you can really read my mind, what is my name?" Michelle said, slowly closing her book. "Michelle Maxine Jones." She said, without missing a beat. Michelle could hardly believe her ears. "I'm Payton Karson." she said casually, before setting her pencil down.

"How do you do that?" Michelle whispered, not wanting anyone else to here. "It's a talent." She answered with a laugh. "I read your minds, but also know your deepest desires." She said. Deepest Desires? Michelle thought to herself. "Yeah, that's what I just said." Payton said, quite matter-of-factly.

"Well then, what if you don't know your deepest desire?" Michelle said, almost hypothetically. She didn't really know what she wanted, as many teenagers would feel sometimes. Maybe Payton could help her figure it out.

"Well, everyone has a desire that is innermost, but may not know it. I could find it for you, if you'd like." She responded. Michelle nodded. maybe this would be good. helping me find what i want instead of being aimless would be extremely helpful.
"Of course it would. Now come on." Payton said, standing up and dusting off her skirt before grabbing Michelle's hand and leading her off to a far side of the library.

She took Michelle's hands in hers, and closed her eyes. She suddenly began to rise from the ground, bringing Michelle up with her. She began to chant illegible words, and as she did, purple and green wafts of sparkles and wind surrounded the two, blue beams of glowing light spreading all around them. White stars illuminated the area around them, all while the wind made both if their hair sparkle and glow. 

As Michelle opened her eyes, she couldn't believe what was going on around here. here she was, mid-air in a library with a girl she just met. They began to rise higher, and soon a noise, sort of like singing, emerged from the air, getting louder by the second. They soon began to levitate higher and the beams and wind moved faster.

and just like that, the two girls dropped to the floor with a loud thud. Michelle's brain was quite rattled from the whole incident, but Payton's told a different story. She had a goofy grin on her pale freckled face, as she looked up to Michelle. Only uttering two words.

"Spider-Man." She said, the goofy grin, then a laugh.

"Wha-" Michelle said looking up, only to find that she was all alone.

From that day forward, Michelle Jones took it upon herself to find Spider-man's true identity.

hey everyone 😌 here is the chapter to make up for the bad post i posted at 3am last night. so yeah i hope you like this :). i really wanted to do something with a supernatural character, and who better than sister sophia lillis? im also going to be posting a oneshot, that is actually a reddie one. for those of you who don't know. reddie is richie and eddie, from the IT fandom. i will be posting that soon, along with continuing this one. ok i loves ya, stay safe, drink water (especially if ur in cali cuz its hot as balls istg) and have a great day :>💕💕