chapter 1: first meeting

Third person POV
With the war finally over, peace between the earth and homeworld made, all but one gem was happy, white diamond is that one gem.

White diamond's POV
I honestly thought that I could bring pink back, but I couldn't, and I regret hurting Steven even though he forgave me.

I have just arrived on pinks former colony by her palanquin, I came here to pay my respects to her.

As I was paying my respects to pink I heard what sounded like crying, I followed the sound to find a young boy with a green gem on his head in the same position as mine.

My POV

'Why must they hurt me, I have this gem thing on my head since birth, and they hurt me because of It' i thought while I cried.

"Hello little one." A voice spoke.

I looked up and saw a giant lady with a white gem on her head, oddly in the same position as mine, I started to crawl back a bit, my gem summoning my green scythe.

"Don't worry little one, I'm not going to hurt you." The woman softly spoke.

"H-how can I b-be sure, I've been l-lied to so many t-times and i-i payed the p-price." I told the woman.

"Well, I'm not acting hostile towards you, and I am trying to see if you are alright." The woman softly told me.

At that point my scythe disappeared and I hugged my knees and cried.

"May I come closer and comfort you?" The lady asked.

I slowly nod my head and I hear a sound, then I feel her arms wrap around me, somehow calming me down.

"Thank you." I told the lady.

"You're welcome, I'm white diamond, you can call me white." White said.

"It's nice to meet you white, I'm Zach." I spoke.

"That is a lovely name Zach." White told me.

"Thank you white." I thanked her.

We continued to hug for a few minutes before white asked me something.

"Zach, how would you like to come with me to homeworld, it's my home planet, and don't worry, no-one will hurt you." White asked me.

"Yes please!" I said with a massive smile on my face.

White shapeshifts into her original size and I hop on her hand.

"Ok, hold on little one." White told me.

White's POV

As me and Zach were going back to my ship, I started to talk to him.

"Zach, if you don't mind me asking, why were you crying when I found you?" I asked him.

Zach just frowned.

"I was crying because I had nowhere to go, my mother died giving birth to me, and my so called caregivers hurt me because of that, so I ran away." He told me as he sighed.

"Is it because of your green gem on your forehead?" I asked.

"Yes white, from what my so called caregivers told me, my mom was a gem called green diamond, she had to give up her physical form for me to survive." He answered.

"Zach, how about while we are traveling back to homeworld, we bond and get to know each other better?" I asked him.

"Sure white, that sounds nice." Zach answered.

Third person POV

Over the next few days, Zach and white bonded with each other and got close.

My POV

"Hey white?" I spoke.

"Yes Zach?" She responded.

"During the past few days we've been bonding, I felt a feeling that I never experienced, the feeling of motherly love, and I got that feeling when we spent time together and messed around, acted silly, and just talked to each other." I told her.

White just smiled.

"Is it ok if I call you mom?" I asked.

"Of course, son." She answered.

We hugged and talked about anything.