°1 : The Twin's Act°

• A/N •

I've decided not to have any of the things in Order of the Phoenix happen in this book because, as interesting as it is, it was hard for me to try to implement some of the things into the fanfic.

•|•

My life was fairly normal, as it seemed to others. But for me, it was a living hell.

I was raised to never waste or enjoy my time on small things, and that led me to the direction of only focusing on work. Even with the Triwizard Tournament that happened last year, father banished me from going since I flunked a test.

Ugh. My father. I don't blame other people for thinking of him as a bad person. I look at him in that way too, and I'm probably the only Slytherin who thinks so. And I'm probably the only Slytherin he's really 'proud' of, aside from Malfoy, who practically bows down to my father, Snape.

I've always wondered how it would be like to live with normal parents. Parents who let me do whatever I wanted, and didn't really care for my grades. And ones who didn't-

"Y/n, are you too caught up in that worthless mess of thoughts in your head again?" I snapped out of my thoughts as father, who stood straight with a draped, black robe at the front of the empty classroom, spoke. I quickly shook my head, lying. A slight smirk spread onto his face.
"Good. Then you can tell me the ingredients in a Befuddlement Draught." He added in after my short reply.
Nervousness stroke from the pits of my stomach as he said so. I had no idea what was in a Befuddlement Draught, since I skipped my studying yesterday to see Hagrid, since we set up a small agreement where I could help out with Fang as he works, since he never gets to walk him around.
I swallowed nervously and pulled the first two ingredients from my mind.

"Erm, bezoar and... Syrup of hellbore?" I guessed timidly as I slightly cowered in my seat. Father shook his head lightly, letting out a depressed sigh and a tsk. I flinched as he did so.

"I won't be surprised if you fail your N.E.W.T's..." he murmured, taking a step to the left to get in front of me. "... And this is the fifth potion you've gotten wrong."
I nervously fiddled with my fingers, picking at my nails as he took a step closer. I leaned in my seat.
"Tell me why, Y/n."

"I-I don't- I don't know." My eyes fell on to the floor to avoid eye contact with my father, who quickly strode over and stopped, lowering his arms along with his upper half to get his eyes to my level.

"You. Don't. Know?" He snarled, spit spraying from his clenched teeth. I wanted to close my eyes as he did so, but I knew that I'd be berated on that, too.
"You think that's a valid answer? Is that the first thing you picked out from the top of that bloated head of yours?"

Knowing that something was about to go off if I answered with a 'yes' or 'no', I shrugged, which ended up being a bigger mistake than answering differently.

His cold hand slapped me across the face, making me let out a gasp as my hand instinctively went to my face, covering where I was attacked. Father stood back up straight again, and with a smooth swish, was up at his desk again, leaving me to sit in pain on the chair I was lectured in.

"Keep that in mind next time you don't want to answer correctly to me." He said as he stood like a shadow, looking at me. "And you've ought to clear yourself up before this numbed class files in to teeter around."

I took his word and got up, quickly moving the chair I was sat on over to the desk it was taken from. Just then, the class that was assigned to be taught at this time, rushed in right on time. I quickly sat down at the nearest table and took my things out of the bag I had propped on the floor below my desk.