Out of time

FIVE

I'm scared ... the numbers are falling down way too fast . I just turned my eyes from the clock for a few seconds , and when I looked back , hours had gone away . Time is so unforgiving , what happened to those days when I would just goof around in the house , playing with my toys , or run across the park , feeling the wind tickling my face ? I felt like I could fly in the sky and leave this boring world ... I felt like I could go anywhere if I just wish it . I had no regard for time ... no regard for anything . I was just a shining radiance of happiness .

FOUR

Today I stand in front of the harsh truth . Time never waits , there are no worlds I could fly to beyond this boring land of numbers and logic , no magic I could chant to grant my wishes , no toys coming to life and playing with me . There are only walls that imprison me ... there are only corridors that confuse me ... there is only the desk that binds me in place like a cage ... and there is only the clock before me ... relentless counting down my last breaths .

THREE

My heart beats itself at my ribs , the fear of the impending end is nigh . A part of me just wants the end to come and finish me off , but I mostly wish it never does ... I wish it never was ... I wish it never will be . What comes after the end ? Rest ? No ... if only you knew ... after the end of the test comes the judgment . There , the same cycle of anticipation and fear repeats itself . Every second you would await the results of your work ... you wait the judgement . You anticipate an answer , but fear twitches your eyes as if your body is fighting the urge to see the results , even when the result has yet to be announced .

TWO

But what am I talking about here ? Results ? Am I seriously thinking I'm done with this ?! I'm far from done ... there are so much questions I have yet to answer , so many things I forgot to do , so many wishes I couldn't fulfill , and so many hopes hanging on me ... hopes that I ... I don't know ... I can't get my thoughts in line ! My hands tremble and jolt in all directions , it's like my commands to them are going all over the place . They're wrecking what little progress I had made !!!

ONE

My only chance is the last question . It can only be answered at the last second , a rule in the exam . If you answer it correctly , you pass the exam regardless of you mistakes . Many might not know the answer , but I know the answer , I was told the answer many times . I was prepared for this very moment . This is the decisive second , this is my last chance to correct everything .

But my hands shake in place , and I find myself choosing the wrong answer ! No ! What have I done ?!! My only hope for salvation ! I can't believe I failed a question so easy , a question that could save me , but I blew it ! I'm such an idiot !

No ... lamenting it won't solve anything ... I still have time to correct my mistake . Here's the eraser ... I will correct my mistake ... all I need is a little more time ... Please ! Just give me a little more time ! Just give me one more second ! That's all I .....

TIMEOUT .