Chapter 20

"I'm going to ask you one last time

"I'm going to ask you one last time." Natasha slammed her hands on the interrogation table. "Where is Stiles?"

Sierra sat silently in her cold metal seat, as the bars of the chair dug into her back and the chains on her wrist rubbed against her agitated skin.

Unable to get a response out of the girl Natasha groaned in frustration, throwing the other chair at the table in a fitful rage causing a loud bang as metal hit meal sending shockwaves through the room.

"You tell me where he is!" She shouted manically at the girl she had been questioning for the past twenty four hours. "You tell me where he is now!" The door to the room beeped as it unlocked. Two agents quickly ran into the room, restraining Natasha and bringing her out in her hysteria just as she was about to attack the horseman.

"What are you doing?!" She barked at the agents who grabbed her. "Get your hands off me!" She shouted as she forcefully let herself go.

"Agent Romanov!" Natasha froze as she heard the booming voice from behind her. "What the hell was that?"

Natasha slowly turned around to meet the glaring sight of a raging Phil Coulson.

"I don't know Coulson." She replied softly, her anger fading rapidly as she looked shamefully at her hands. "We're so close. We're so near to getting him back and then that bitch in there," she nodded to the door of the interrogation room, "won't let me find him."

Phil looked over Natasha, with understanding and pain in his expression. He sighed as he rubbed a tired hand over his eyes, a dull headache pounding against his skull briefly clouding his thoughts.

"I'm taking you off the case." He eventually spoke, causing Natasha to go wide eyed.

"What the hell?! No! Not gonna happen." She protested in shock. "I've gotten too deep into this to be taken off now, you need me." She tried to persuade her friend, who only looked on her pitifully.

"Nat, listen." Phil began, his tone softening. "This is only temporary. We can't trust you to keep a clear head in this situation, so we're taking you off the interrogation. As soon as a lead arises you'll be deployed again." The agent sighed. "You're too close to this, your feelings for Stiles are clouding your judgment. This is big Nat, bigger than both of us. You know more than anyone that you can't let your feelings get in the way." Nat sighed, her eyes falling to the floor in realisation.

"I know, I'm sorry. I messed up." She admitted. "Take me off, I'm going to see Barton." Phil gave her a kind smile.

"You do that."