Chapter 5

The faint flutter of flys could be heard as the air in Beacon Hills Memorial thickened

The faint flutter of flys could be heard as the air in Beacon Hills Memorial thickened. Stiles walked down the hospital corridor, the lights flickering slightly as he moved, a small smirk riding his pale face as his eyes glinted mischievously.

He turned a corner and stopped at a patient ward. Flexing his sickly fingers, he pushed open the large white double doors and into the room lined with occupied hospital beds.

Letting his pale hand dance along the cool metal railings of the beds as he made his way down the room, he paused. Gripping the bed rail of a woman in her fifties, he watched her as her chest slowly rose and fell in her sleep with a calculating look in his expression.

The mischief in his eyes turned into something darker. His features morphed into a monstrous hunger as he shoved his hand into the woman's chest, stopping her heart instantaneously. Pulling his hand out, Stiles grinned darkly at the scarlet blood coating his fingers, like an artist admiring their latest work. He watched with ecstasy as the black veins spiralled up his arms, satisfying his hunger. But he wasn't done yet.

The boy jumped from bed to bed, killing each occupant as they lay in their sleep, never to wake up again. Stiles grinned manically, as he stopped the heart of the final patient in ward 27. Leaving the hospital with a vicious smirk, which widened when he heard the terrified screams coming from inside. He was ready for some fun.

This was going to cause a whole load of chaos.

—————

"Pack meeting. Now."

Scott hung up the phone as he walked into the animal clinic, stopping to take in his surroundings. The waiting room was dark, the large pale light flickered slightly, as the clock ticked. And the night hummed gently as the wolf entered. Looking around for his boss, he furrowed his brows in confusion at the veterinarian's absence.

"Deaton?" Scott called out, walking into the main treatment room, but to no reply. The true alpha whipped his head around at the unlocking of the side door, Deaton walking through with a dark look on his face.

"What is it?" Scott asked as he heard the pack's cars pull up outside the clinic. The veterinarian sighed, walking to the edge of the metal operation table as the wolves filtered into the small room. His dark brown eyes landing on each pack member as they stood before him.

The new beta, Liam, stood next to the werecoyote, Malia, near the back of the room, both feeling insecure at being at one of their first meetings. Derek stood with his arms crossed as he brooded silently in the corner as per usual. Kira clung to Scott's arm gently as she gave him a sweet smile at the worried look on his face.