chapter 1 - Guys like you

"Sam," Carly spoke to me. "You know that Freddie likes you, right?"

"Yeah, I like him too. Or at least I used to. Now it's all gone."

"Sam. I'm serious." Carly grabbed ahold of my arm. "He like like you."

"What?"

---

Months ago...Sam's POV

"Yo." I said to Freddie as he approached my locker. "Someone looks tired." I smirked.

"Shut it, Puckett." He smirked back. "I'm just a little beat from the date I had last night."

"Right.. your date with another iCarly viewer. How was it?" I asked nonchalantly, not trying to sound jealous.

I don't know why, but all of sudden, I've developed a crush on this nub. It's weird.

"Eh."

"Eh? That's it? Your date was just eh?"

"Yeah. It's all the same. Emily is like another Valerie."

"She's a manipulative girl and all you say is 'eh'?"

"No, she wasn't exactly like Valerie. But, she had a personality like her. She was too nice to me. It's weird."

"How is hanging out with a nice girl weird? You hang out with Carly."

"Yeah, but you're around too, and you make fun of me constantly. I'm used to hearing sarcastic remarks from my blonde-headed demon." He smirked at me.

Not going to lie, but I blushed a little inside upon hearing that.

"Well, too bad, nub. You're stuck with me for the long haul. We're both part of iCarly so you can't get rid of me even if you want to."

"I don't want to. Like I said, I'm used to it. But seriously though, all these dates you girls asked me to go on is getting really boring."

"What do I know? I never really had a boyfriend before except Jonah. He was a jerk."

"Ugh, true. Sorry."

"Nah, it's fine. I'm used to not being noticed by guys."

"There was this guy, Pete."

"Yeah, but I approached the dude. Jonah was the one who approached me."

"Oh, that's true. Sorry."

"Dude." I chuckled. "It's cool."

"Hey, maybe one day you'll find a guy who will treat you right, unlike Jonah."

"What, you mean guys like you?" I blurted out.

Upon hearing what I said, I immediately looked away, so did Freddie.

"Y-Yeah. Guys like me." He suddenly spoke, his face was red.

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Yeah, yeah. Hopefully I'd find a guy like you, Benson." I smacked him on the arm and walked off, blushing profusely.