" Not really but l know you sulk at the job."

Claudius gave me a slow , seductive smile. He leaned forward and lightly tapped my nose before pressing small kisses all over my hands. I muffled a giggle with my hand.

" Stop that. People are staring," l whispered indicating to the next table with my head.

Claudius turned his head to the direction. An elderly woman was throwing daggers at us. Her expression was clearly screaming, " This is a restaurant, idiots. Get yourselves a room! "

" I don't give a damn about them," he shrugged slightly whilst beaming.

I found myself wondering why l was adamant on dating Claudius the first days. He was a good man. He made me happy. He loved Elena. Claudius would make a great father to Elena.

" l was thinking we could go on a vacation, " l suggested.

Claudius looked at me with his face drawn in surprise. A smile then replaced his frown.

" Your another idea of being romantic. I love this side of you," he chuckled.

I slapped his arm.

"Stop turning everything into some silly joke. I am being serious. And another thing , the dinner date was Lola's idea but now the trip is entirely my idea. So yeah l still have a romantic bone in me."

" l am free next Friday," he announced happily.

" l badly want this thing between us to work and l think a vacation is the best way. I want more time together," l said earnestly.

Claudius looked at me with warmth.

"So where are we going? I haven't decided on that yet," l asked him.

" l think we could rent a beach house outside the city," he said in a calm voice .

My mouth gaped open in surprise.

" Are you kidding me! It's freaking expensive. You don't have to do that. "

The edges of his lips turned up.

" l have the money for that so chills."

A handsome guy dressed in a dark armani suit passed by our table. I immediately recognised him as Daniel King, the owner of Lick it restaurants. He had dropped Lola home a few times.

" Who is that you are checking out openly. "

Claudius voice drew away my attention.

"He is Daniel King , the owner of Lick it restaurants and probably the future boyfriend of Lola."

Claudius cocked a dark eyebrow at me.

" That was quite a detailed description ," he chuckled.

I let out a deep sigh.

" l am just worried she is gonna end up hurting because of him. They are pretty much different. He is rolling in dollars while Lola is well.....," my voice trailed off.

" Lola is one tough girl. She will be fine," Claudius assured me.

" Lucas ! What a pleasure to see you here. By the way , is this your new play thing," l heard Daniel's voice behind me.

A deep rich voice laughed in response. My nerve endings immediately stood still.

"Don't go hypocrite on me ,Daniel. I know you don't. And the person you are referring to as my play thing is actually my fiance. So shut up before l bash your jaw," said a sharp voice.

My heart skipped a beat.

That same voice!

I swiftly turned around with my heart racing madly. I almost gasped. Daniel was talking to the very same guy l met on the streets with Claudius the other day.

He was wearing black jeans and a black leather jacket. His hand was wrapped around a waist of a beautiful lady with long honey brown hair and her makeup was on point.

The two were talking in hushed tones all the while exchanging cold expressions.

" Jane!, " Claudius's voice broke through my thoughts.

I feigned a smile to hide my nervousness. I didn't want to argue with Claudius again. We just made amends and l hate to spoil it again. I hide my trembling hands under the table. Claudius looked at me with worry.

" Are you feeling tired? You just zoned out a minute ago."

I cast him a small nervous smile.

"I am okay. I will be right back. I have to use the bathroom."

I got up from the table and disappeared into the ladies's restroom.