The Thrill of it All

A/N: Hello! thank you for reading, ito ang next chapter ng kuwento. Tambak trabaho ko sa lamesa at medyo may writer's block rin ako ngayon. Which is why suggestions for the story are very very much welcome! 

Anyways, anyone here is a fan of Prince Mateen? ( If you don't know him, I suggest you search him, Hehe!) anyways, I was inspired to use him as a 'Face Claim' for the male character, Marcel, so enjoy!

TWO

The Thrill of it All 

Beautiful and Seductive, yan ang sinasabi kay Merci ng mga lalaking inakit niya. It was a facade she wore to cover her doubts and insecurities. 

Seducing a man is adrenaline to her, she feels all powerful to have them under her thumb. After all she had been through, na realize niya na wala naman siyang napala being honest and kind to men, pouring her heart out to them only made them take advantage of her before. They wanted a seductress, then a seductress is what they get.

"Merci..." niyakap siya ni Marcel from the back, as he buried his head on the skin of her neck, and inhaled her scent. Kakatapos lang nila magsiping, ngunit parang gusto pa nito nang isa pang round.

"What's gotten into you, Marcel?" tanong niya sa lalaki, as she turned around to face him.

Magandang lalaki si Marcel, matangkad, kayumangi, maganda ang katawan at ruggedly handsome. Isa itong lawyer at diplomat na nagtratrabaho para sa consulate. Nakilala niya ito sa isang Polo match na ginanap sa Hong Kong Polo Club, where he also happens to be one of the participants.

 Nakilala niya ito sa isang Polo match na ginanap sa Hong Kong Polo Club, where he also happens to be one of the participants

Sobrang napahanga si Merci noong una niya itong nakilala. Napakagaling nitong mangabayo at maglaro ng polo. In fact, all the ladies that were present in the game were in awe of him.

Ngunit sa lahat sa kanila, si Merci lang ang naglakas loob na makipagkilala sa lalake. Medyo seryoso at suplado kasi ang vibe ni Marcel, kaya siguro, maraming na intimidate. It was never her intention na akitin ito, all she wanted was to get to know him, ngunit, iba ang kinahantungan nito. Which brings to where they are now. 

Yes, Marcel wooed her hard, but she paid no heed to it, as it had been ingrained in her mind na walang serseryoso sa kanya, na laro lang ito sa halos lahat ng lalake as according to her opinion, most of them only love the chase, and the moment ma discover nila Kung sino talaga siya, they will immediately drop her like trash. Nanyari na ito sa kanya noon, in fact, many times, when she was young and she didn't want it to happen again now that she considers herself older and wiser. 

"Marcel?!" she called.

"Nothing, you just smell good..." sabi ng lalake, whilst his hands slowly moved to her breast and squeezed them.

"If you wanted another round, you could've just said so?!" she teased, as her arms wrapped around her neck and kissed him, which he returned with more intensity. 

Halos mabiliw si Marcel chasing after Merci, and now that she has finally given in, hindi niya na ito balak pakawalan pa. 

"Be my girlfriend..." ibinulong to Marcel kay Merci whilst he bit the flesh underneath her earlobe, causing her to react.

"What?" tanong ni Merci, hindi niya ito narinig nang mabuti, as she was still distracted with his ministrations.

"Be my girlfriend..." he repeats.

She pushed him gently and looked at him in the eyes. Puno ito ng sinceridad, at ito sa tinging na ibinibigay sa kanya ng mga ibang lalaki na she had been intimate with. Ngunit ilang beses na ba niya narinig ang tanong na 'Be my girlfriend?' at ilang beses na ba siya na dissapoint noon? Many times. Sabik man siya sa possibelidad na pagmamahal, pero hindi niya na magawa ibigay nang buong buo ang kanyang sarili. She has completely turned cynical over the years.

Marcel was expecting her to say 'Yes', wala pang nag-reject sa kanya, even once, ngunit nagulat ito when she threw her head back laughing. 

He looked at her questioningly as she untangled herself from his grasp and started to get dressed.

"I don't understand..." he says, confused.

"What do you not understand Marcel?"

"Your reaction, I don't know, was that a rejection?" he tried to clarify with her.

"Wasn't it clear enough?" sagot ni Merci. 

Huminga ng malalim si Marcel before he asked another question. obvious na na-shock siya sa hindi na inaasahang rejection. "Why?"

Nagtaas ng kilay si Merci as she looked at him. Bakas sa mukha nito ang pagkalito sa mga nangyayari. Didn't he do everything to woo her? "Was this all a game to you?!" he raises his voice.

She chuckled and shook her head. "  Was it not to you?! weren't you in it just for the thrill of it all?!" sigaw niya pabalik kay Marcel.

Napatahimik si Marcel, Oo, aaminin niya, chasing after Merci was a very thrilling game he played with her. But he did not expect to fall for her along the way. Hindi niya mapigilan ang sarili pag-nasahan si Merci tuwing nakikita niya ito, he gets an intense feeling of desire every time she is around, and it was starting to dominate his thoughts. 

"Oh Merci, have you seen yourself in the mirror, who wouldn't be so thrilled with you?" Sabi ni Marcel as he stepped forward towards her, closing the distance and cupped her chin. Ang pagnanasang angkinin siya ay nakasulat sa mga mata nito.

She slapped the hand of Marcel off her chin, before stepping back and walking away, but Marcel grabbed her by the elbow to stop her from leaving.

"What do you want me to do?" tanong Marcel as he sighed. 

"I don't want you to do anything..." she said, before turning around, heading for the door. Subalit mas mabilis si Marcel at hinarangan ang kanyang daan.

She crossed her arms and looked at him, she knew na nasaktan nito ang pride ni Marcel, kaya ito ay hindi basta papayag na siya ang matalo sa larong ito. 

"You know, whatever you do, I will never say yes... do you know why?"

"Why?"

"First of all, you want me to be your girlfriend, and yet you didn't make any effort to get to know me at all!"

"What do you mean?! Was the effort I gave not enough for you?" was Marcel's reply.

"Effort?!!" humalakhak ng malakas si Merci. "Oh Marcel, Marcel... if you're talking about effort, every time we meet is mostly spent in bed. If you count hot sex as effort, then I'd say you're good at it. But that is not the effort I am talking about. You want me to be your girlfriend, and yet you know nothing about me except what we do in bed, my name, and what my job is.  You never even tried to 'date' me properly. You never wine and dined me, nor have you sent me any flowers. There is no courtship involve at all, and you know nothing about me on a personal level!  so tell me Marcel, how do you warrant that as effort!?" sumbat ni Merci kay Marcel.

Napatahimik si Marcel at napaatras. He sighed, as he felt a sense of shame as realization hits him. Parang parausan lang ang pagtrato niya kay Merci, and never once did he try to get to know her on a personal level. 

Merci rolled her eyes and as she headed for the door of his posh apartment. "Ang mga lalake talaga..." she shook her head as she chuckled. 

A/N: Well, ito po ang chapter 2, kung may comments, questions and suggestions, comment lang po kayo. Also, If you like the story, please vote.