Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

"Meredith was only at my Grandmother's lake house once," Lydia begins to explain the story that was supposed to be told with Sheriff Stilinski, but he was currently in the hospital. Lydia sat on Derek's bed, Scott stood by a pole, Derek and I stood near each other. Deputy Parrish stood near by my Mum. "But... I think once was enough."

"How did your Grandmother know her?" Derek questions as I lean on the pillar.

"She didn't," Lydia continued. "She found her. Because of another woman named Maddy. The Woman she loved." Lydia sighed. She stands up from sitting on the bed, holding a photo in her hand. She walked over to Scott and handed her the photo first. "I never met her, but I saw her name everywhere. She used to be part of a yacht racing team. There were plaques and trophies in the lake house from all the regattas she'd won."

"How did she die?" Deputy Parrish questioned from beside my mother.

"How's not the story," Lydia continued. "Its what happened right before. My Grandmother, Lorraine, used to work in San Francisco for IBM. She was there on a weekend, catching up on work. She started hearing this sound..." She begins to walk over to the windows and pauses in front of it. "Like rain. But when she looked out the windows... All she saw was a blue sky."

"Was she kept hearing the rain?" Scott questioned her. This reminds me of the time where all Lydia could hear about was the flies.

"And it just kept getting louder," she speaks. I noticed how dark it was. No wonder I was beginning to feel a bit tired. "Rain and thunder cracking like gunshots in her head. So loud. She finally screamed."

"Like a Banshee," Derek figured.

Lydia turned to Derek and I. "She called Maddy who was planning on," she inhaled sharply. "Taking on one of the boats out on the lake. But Maddy said that the sun was shining there too, so Lorraine didn't say anything."

"There was an accident?" Deputy Parrish realises.

"It took them four days to find Maddy's body," Lydia explained. "And then it took decades to figure out how Lorraine knew. She started with parapsychologists, like the PhD in their name made it more scientific. They built the study in the lake house according to every pseudoscientific theory they could find."

"None of it worked," she had whispered. "Then she started getting going to more extreme occult. Things like mediums and psychics. All of them were failures. Until she found Meredith. They found her at Eichen House. This fragile girl who didn't understand the things she heard. They brought her to the study. And they almost killed her."

"She was hospitalized for over a year," Lydia angrily speaks, clenching her fists. "She..." She inhaled sharply. "Never really recovered. My Grandmother drove her insane. And I drove her to suicide. And all she ever did was wanted to help."

We'd all gathered around the table now, she pulled out an old letter, placing it on the table. "My Grandmother created the code for the Deadpool. They think she's the Banshee who put the names out in the first place. She left me this message in the same code."

"But she didn't leave a cypher key, did she?" Scott figures. Lydia pressed her lips together and shakes her head. She didn't answer and after a while of a few minutes of silences, everyone had left.

Derek and Mum had gone upstairs real quick, leaving me alone in my thoughts. My eyes caught something on their bed and I walked over slowly.

I let my hand run over the smooth slick gun. This was Derek's. Since when did he ever had to use a gun? He despises them. I picked it up slowly, examining it carefully.

"Careful with that," I almost jumped out of my skin when I heard Derek and turned to him as he approaches me.

I sighed. "I thought you didn't like guns." He holds out his hand and I placed the gun in his hand carefully. "This has something to do with your powers, doesn't it?"

"Yeah," he mumbled. "My eyes, my strength, the healing... All of it."

"Gone," I whispered. I recall him vaguely telling me this, about how Kate had done this.

"Yeah, whatever Kate did to me, it's still happening." He explained roughly. He placed the gun on the bed again.

"If the Deadpool really was made by a Banshee, there's something else you should probably know about," I grew nervous now. I figured Derek didn't know that his name broke the third name of the list. And him losing his powers is making me nervous. He gives me a look, telling me to continue. "Your name broke the third list. It was... A cypher key,"

"And the other two keys were Allison and Aiden," Derek looked down at the floor, I could hear his heartbeat rising in panic.

"And I... I don't want to make you nervous because I'm already nervous as it is," I continued to ramble. "But it kind of feels like there might be a pattern there, doesn't it? Allison, Aiden... You."

"Names picked by a Banshee," Derek speaks and I nod, fiddling with my hands.

"It... It could mean you're in danger," I stutter out.

"Addison," Derek speaks softly. "Banshee's don't predict danger. They predict death."

A/N

And I oop

Thanks so much for 6K! Love y'all so much!!