Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Going into school the next day was scary; just like the first time. Of course, most of my pairs knew who I was, I've definitely heard rumours about me.

I wasn't exactly the new girl, I was the 'girl who came back after a traumatic event'. My mind was still occupied on the situation yesterday, my Aunt being alive and all. I haven't told Mum that her sister came back from the dead, I figured she didn't need to worry about her.

I knew Kate and Mum had a fall out around my age, they weren't on the taking terms. Kate was never really on the best terms with anyone. She was the bad guy, simple as that. And nobody wants to be associated with a bad guy.

"So, are you here like, permanently?" Lydia questions me; snapping me out of my thoughts as we walked down the hallway together, ignoring the stares of the students who were in my grade.

I nod my head, a small smile forming on my lips. "Yeah, actually, I am. My Mum and I brought a cabin somewhere in the woods. Mum wanted away from city life, she wanted to come back home, that cabin is kind of perfect for her."

She smiled back at me. "I bet Stiles is ecstatic that you're back."

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Why him?"

She looked at me. "You mean, he hasn't told you yet?" I shake my head. "What an idiot."

"What?" I questioned. "What does he need to tell me?"

She shrugged. "I'm sorry, I can't tell you. It has to come from him and only him."

I bite my lower lip, thinking of the girl that was with Scott the other day. Who was she? "Who was the girl?"

Lydia and I stopped at her locker. "The girl? You're gonna have to be a bit more specific."

"The one with Scott yesterday," I deadpan, I'm not sure how else to explain it.

"Malia," she answered, opening her locker. I frowned; Malia. Now, that named definitely sounded familiar, and she did look familiar as well. Wait a minute, Malia Tate? The one we saved in the woods?

"Malia Tate?" I asked, my eyes widening. "The girl we saved from the woods? Oh, wow..."

"Yeah," Lydia nods. "She and Stiles dated for about 2 weeks, then broke it off."

Hearing that news completely caught me off guard. "Wait, what? Dated? Huh, never knew Stiles was into were-coyotes..."

She gave me a wide smirk and pulled a book out from her locker. "Hm, he never did mention why they broke off. Now they're like, really close friends. And, you have to excuse Malia sometimes, we're still teaching her the basic 101 of how to be a human being."

"Wait, what?"

"You know, she was a were-coyote for the majority of her life, she lost ability to be somewhat human." Lydia roughly explained. "But, she's only been close to Stiles... They have this weird connection or something."

I let out a sigh, I never imagined Stiles dating. I mean, I'm not being rude; but it's like, him... He's different? "So, you have any clue who stole 117 million dollars from my family's vault?" I questioned her, still processing that information from yesterday. Yesterday, someone had broken into the Hale vault and stolen all the bounds that were there.

Of course, Peter and Derek are freaking out and trying to solve this entire thing.

She gave me a smile and closed her locker. "I love that you're accepting your other life, but no, I don't." She shakes her head. "We should probably go to class." Just as she said that the bell rings and she gave me as sarcastic smile, making me laugh.