ch.7

I woke up in my bed, startled. I had a nightmare. I didn't have a nightmare since.........last year. It was nothing personal. I mean everyone has nightmares. But this one was different. It felt..........real. Like I was in a VR (human things)

My hand felt clammy in my dream. I was running from something. No. Someone. I had to stop but I couldn't. I had to keep running and running. A person screamed behind me. Who was it? I turned around and I regretted seeing it. My dad was killed by the neverseen. The triplets ran to help my dad but they got killed too. "It's just a dream." I kept telling myself. But it didn't work. They're pale faces were looking at me. Calling for help. And then they went silent. I kept telling myself over and over that this was only a dream........But where was mom in that dream?

I got up from the dream and ran downstairs to check on my dad and the triplets. They were all sound asleep.

"Dex?" Sombody called.

I turned around. "Oh mom. You scared me." I clutched my chest. Why was she awake this late?

Mom smiled."What are you doing in the middle of the night?"

"Ummm........nothing?" Oh my gosh I was a terrible liar.

"Really? You know tou can't hide things from me."

"Yeah.....I had a nightmare." I didn't tell her what nightmare it was. It was obvious that she would get worried. "Mom, what are you doing in the middle of the night?"

She looked away. "Black swan problems. They want me back." My mom left the Black swan a few years back because she thought it was dangerous for all of us. Now Mr.Forkle was in the Neverseen, the Black swan was falling apart.

"Why don't you go?" I asked.

"I can't. It's dangerous for our family."

"We can take care of ourselves. Especially since Bex manifested as a Froster and Lex manifested as a pyrokinetic."

She smiled weakly at me. "I know and that's why it's so dangerous to go back. The Neverseen wants a pyrokinetic."

"Just think about it. Okay? You might want to go."

"It feels like our roles have reversed." She laughed. "Go back to sleep, Dex" she kissed my forehead and went in to her room.

I laughed to myself and went back into my room too. I went back to sleep. And the same nightmare haunted me.

Bad. This is so bad.