Chapter 22

Hayoung stepped out in what felt like the millionth dress she had wore that day, but as soon as she saw her reflection in the mirror, she knew it wasn't the one.

"Next." Doyoung simply said the second she came out.

"No, wait, I want to see it first." Ms. Kim said. Doyoung sighed, leaning back into the couch he was on.

"For once, I agree with Doyoung. I don't really like this one." Hayoung admitted. Her mother had already taken out of her phone to snap a few pictures like she had done with every other dress.

"Okay, you can go change now." Ms. Kim said, putting her phone down. Hayoung sighed before making her way back to the other side of the curtain, the poor worker following her. Hayoung could tell the worker was just as frustrated as she was.

Hayoung was not having a good time at the wedding fitting. Her mother wanted her to wear a large gown, but each one that she wore was over the top and jewelled, making her feel like a cake. Not to mention that she had to wear white. If Hayoung could choose, she would probably wear a deep red gown instead.

"This one is very pretty, I think it would suit you well." The worker said, taking out the next dress. It was a off shoulder ivory satin gown, that pinched perfectly at her waist. Simple, yet elegant. Hayoung loved the way it felt on her body, and hoped it looked just as good.

 Hayoung loved the way it felt on her body, and hoped it looked just as good

"Miss. Kim, you look absolutely stunning." The worker said before bringing her out.

"Thank you." Hayoung said, as she watched her family's reaction. Doyoung's mouth hung wide open while her mother began dabbing at the tears that were beginning to pool at her eyes. But there was another girl sitting with them.

"Riko?" Hayoung exclaimed as the girl gave her a small smile.

"Sorry I'm late, my flight got delayed, but Yuta's parent's wanted me to come take a look at your dress as well." Riko told her. Hayoung turned to face the mirror. Sure enough, she was in love with the dress. As she looked at her reflection and saw Riko, she remembered that she was getting married with Yuta. She quickly hid the sadness she faced with a smile, turning to face the three of them.

"How does it look?" Hayoung asked, hoping her family loved it as much as she did.

"It looks good, I like it." Doyoung said. Hayoung noticed him snap a picture himself. Hayoung turned to her mother.

"Eomma, are you okay?" Hayoung asked as the workers were passing her tissues. She nodded as she wiped her eyes.

"Yes, I love this one. I just can't believe you're getting married, my baby is all grown up." Ms. Kim cried. Hayoung felt her heart twist at the sound of her mother's words. Even though her parents were harsh with her and Doyoung, she knew deep down that her parent's cared about both of them a lot.

"I agree, you look amazing. I think Yuta and his parents would both be impressed." Riko added with a smile.

Hayoung turned towards the worker. "I think this is the one." She told her as Doyoung and her mother nodded in agreement.