Chapter 19

Hayoung suddenly shot up and looked at the boy beside her who was chuckling. She had fallen asleep during the movie. She quickly grabbed her phone and looked at the time. It was almost midnight.

"The movie was over a while ago, why didn't you wake me up." Hayoung asked, running her fingers through her hair. Jungwoo shrugged.

"You seemed peaceful so I let you sleep." Jungwoo told her. Hayoung poked him on the arm.

"Yah, you should have woken me up. It's already late." Hayoung said.

"Stay over then." Jungwoo said, standing up to fold the blanket. Hayoung froze in her spot. Stay... over? Jungwoo must have noticed the look on her face as he quickly added.

"You said it yourself, it's late. Plus, there's a spare bed now." Jungwoo pointed out, looking away. Hayoung could tell that saying those last words had hurt him.

"Do you want me to?" Hayoung asked him.

"Huh?" Jungwoo said, sniffling before looking at her.

"Do you want me to stay over?" Hayoung clarified. Jungwoo paused for a moment before answering.

"I mean, it is kind of lonely now." Jungwoo said, shyly looking away. Hayoung got up, grabbing his arm to give it a small squeeze.

"Okay, I'll stay over then." Hayoung told him.

Jungwoo nodded, heading to the cabinets to get some clothes for her. Hayoung took the sweater and sweatpants in her hands.

"You know where the washroom is. Your toothbrush is still here from last time." Jungwoo told her. Right, it's not my first time staying here. Hayoung recalled that night she went to the club. Hayoung nodded, quickly heading to the washroom as her cheeks turned pink. Once she was inside, she closed the door, taking a deep breath to calm herself before getting washed up for the night.

When she exited the washroom, Jungwoo was already changed, scrolling through his phone on the already made sofa bed. He put his phone down, giving Hayoung a small smile as he walked passed her towards the washroom.

"You can go sleep if you want, the bed is already made." Jungwoo told her. Hayoung nodded his head as he slipped into the washroom.

Hayoung got comfortable on the sofa bed, and soon enough, she was fast asleep.

...

Hayoung woke up as she heard muffled whimpers coming from the room next door. She glanced at her phone, which told her it was two in the morning. She got out of the sofa bed, dragging her feet to the bedroom.

"Jungwoo?" Hayoung said as she looked at the boy. That's when she realized that the poor boy was crying in his sleep. She quickly made her way over, sitting on the bed and placing Jungwoo's head in her lap.

"Shh, it's okay." Hayoung said as she brushed her fingers through her head. His cries soften as his eyes fluttered opened, surprised to see her.

"Oh my gosh, did I wake you up?" Jungwoo sniffled, sitting up and quickly rubbing the tears from his eyes. Even in his teary state, Hayoung couldn't help but admire how adorable he looked with the hood of his sweater over his head.

"Yes, but I'm glad you did." Hayoung said, looking at him with concern. Jungwoo let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry, I asked you to stay here but you probably would have slept better if you went home." Jungwoo said but Hayoung shook her head.

"You would still be crying in your sleep if I wasn't here." Hayoung said, patting the bed. "Here, come get some sleep."

Jungwoo eyed the girl in front of him. "What about you, then?"