Ch 13

im a believer in cringe text emojis (a/n)

Long ass update for yall even if it ends weirdly.
Ngl this fic is a run away train pls someone help me.

///////////////////////////

You wake up from your slouch on the couch to a faint light. The blanket draped over your back evidence of Kakashi's return, albeit he hadn't felt it necessary to wake you . You groan and wipe your eyes groggily trying to make our what was glowing.

The flowers on the dinning table.

You blinked and wiped your face again. Were you dreaming? You get up and cross to the table. Sure enough the petals of the "weeds" were glowing a peaceful blue. You touch the petals lightly, watching the flower curl up at your touch.

"I told you"

You turn to see Kakashi leaning against the wall.

"They're nice" you agree

The blue makes his face seem ghastly.

"They make you look a lot more like a movie vampire"

"Hm"

You yawn and start toward your bed room, listening for the quiet foot falls following you.

In their absence his voices rings out "I can't stay tonight"

"what?"

"I'll be back in a few days... vampire business. I thought it would be rude to leave a note"

"okay.."

"I'm leaving Pakkun here with you, he'll watch over you" as if on queue you hear a bark from your bed, the hellhound sitting on the sheets.

"Is it something serious?"

"No, routine stuff"

"hmm okay, well long as you're safe" You smile, still suspicious.

He kisses you softly on the forehead.

/////////////////////////////////

The morning comes sooner than you'd prefer, Pakkun's incessant barking waking you from a shallow sleep.

"Coming"

You slide open the back door letting him out. Did hell hounds ... do the same business as regular dogs? Nothing was on fire so you went back inside to start the coffee. You check your phone while its brewing. Still no word from Jessica and a meme you saw two weeks ago from Kiba.

                                                                                                                                                              "You're late again"

"Well better late than never, its still funny"

"Maybe before you've seen it 80 million times"

"You're no fun. How was being back at work?"

"Oh same old. Jessica quit apparently. The new guy is a little creepy"

"I'd offer my assistance, not that you need it with Dracula by your side"

"Ha ha. He actually isn't here right now"

"Wowwww left his prized blood source all alone?"

" -_- still bitter? And i'm not all alone he left me..... a dog"